Gamelands funding

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I am aware of the Pittman-Robertson Act and kinda how it works so with that in mind, has anyone seen or know where to locate the amount of funding gamelands in NC gets from the General Assembly or other sources?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Maybe I'm better than I thought...... or not. Looks to me like the 2017 state budget allowed for $12.7M for gamelands in NC. Can someone check me on that please.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
The thread title had me hoping everyone was gonna pitch in and fund me and my hobbies!😎

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I imagine CRC's keyboard might be smoking by now. If ever there was a thread for his incredible research time/ability, this one might be it. I'm curious at the answer aslo!

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Maybe I'm better than I thought...... or not. Looks to me like the 2017 state budget allowed for $12.7M for gamelands in NC. Can someone check me on that please.

Interesting question. Where did you find the $12.7M? I saw a $12,602,885 in the Governors proposed budget under Gamelands Operations and Maintenance- Requirements. Also saw $9,645,733 in Receipts in Gamelands Operations and Maintenance column. Is the $9.6M from Pittman-Robertson?

It appears that a new Finance Committee has been set up for 2017-2018. Might be a good question to ask some of the members.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Don't know if I can backtrack there or not. That is one of the reasons I was asking for help from the more skilled research experts.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Interesting question. Where did you find the $12.7M? I saw a $12,602,885 in the Governors proposed budget under Gamelands Operations and Maintenance- Requirements. Also saw $9,645,733 in Receipts in Gamelands Operations and Maintenance column. Is the $9.6M from Pittman-Robertson?

It appears that a new Finance Committee has been set up for 2017-2018. Might be a good question to ask some of the members.

You really need to see the revenue line items about where the funding comes from. I suspect that the ~12 million likely includes all funding sources including federal funding, license dollars, and any general fund money from the legislature. I believe I read or heard somewhere that the general fund monies have dropped off a lot over the last 10 years or so and that the wrc generally put it mostly toward law enforcement because it was an easy sell to the legislature. Also put toward political pet projects etc.

Receipts likely means non-general fund money (i.e., not appropriated by the legislature) and may include the federal funds, license fees, timber sale money, etc.

Last edited: