Booking a Duck hunting trip 2017 - Capy Froggy

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
As someone from Illinois originally, I can't fathom why you would come to NC for duck hunting. Nothing against NC, but there are plenty of better choices if you aren't here already.

Wisconsin has good sea duck hunting and is a heck of a lot closer. It seems that Maine or somewhere on the NE coast would be better.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
As someone from Illinois originally, I can't fathom why you would come to NC for duck hunting. Nothing against NC, but there are plenty of better choices if you aren't here already.

Wisconsin has good sea duck hunting and is a heck of a lot closer. It seems that Maine or somewhere on the NE coast would be better.
They had NC swan permits.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Not to kill a Swan there isn't,,,

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Froggy cancelled our snow goose trip last year and rescheduled for this year. He said the birds were gone and it would be a waste. We are planning to go this year. I have heard a lot about Froggy, but I will formulate my own opinion. The ones that I have seen bad mouthing are the same ones over and over, not taking up for him, but he has repeat business every year.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
He hunts public like any other yahoo. The thing about that is, it's hunting. Sometimes it's a bust. I don't have a lot of experience with guides. Been on 2 guided hunts - one with him. Both were busts. The key difference, and why I will go back with the other guy is this.....Froggy will charge you full price and expect a 20% tip, even on a totally busted trip. The other guy I went with did not. Only charged a fraction of what it could have been. Pretty much a no brainer for me. And guess what...when we do have a good hunt with the this other guy, we are going to hook him up.

Last edited: