Keep my Family in your thoughts please!

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Our oldest dog was diagnosed with Cancer back in Jan, we have been going through Chemo since then and he had been doing pretty good for a 10 year old Boxer/Beagel mix that we adopted from a rescue. Well Saturday night he started the swelling in the lymph nodes and we knew what was going on. Went to the vet this morning and let him go in peace. This is the part of having pet that sucks!

We got Peedee in November of 2007 as a pup, our daughter was due the next year and we wanted our son to have a pet since he was not longer going to be the sole center of attention once my daughter was born. Once my daughter was born he took to her and would let her lay there and do anything to him and never fuss, she would pull his ears, grab his tail, etc. My kids love Peedee and its going to tough on them as they are in school right now and don't know yet. Going to wait till after my sons soccer game to tell them.

Thank you for letting me share and please keep us in your thoughts. 23622459_10210748199285972_5978673595023928312_n.jpgFamily 1.jpg23658493_10210748318928963_7042462714526319492_n.jpg23659565_10210748199605980_7315752731722425974_n.jpg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
PeeDee knew he was loved...he was a lucky rascal.
Very sorry for your loss, dogs are a really close part of the family.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Our oldest dog was diagnosed with Cancer back in Jan, we have been going through Chemo since then and he had been doing pretty good for a 10 year old Boxer/Beagel mix that we adopted from a rescue. Well Saturday night he started the swelling in the lymph nodes and we knew what was going on. Went to the vet this morning and let him go in peace. This is the part of having pet that sucks!

We got Peedee in November of 2007 as a pup, our daughter was due the next year and we wanted our son to have a pet since he was not longer going to be the sole center of attention once my daughter was born. Once my daughter was born he took to her and would let her lay there and do anything to him and never fuss, she would pull his ears, grab his tail, etc. My kids love Peedee and its going to tough on them as they are in school right now and don't know yet. Going to wait till after my sons soccer game to tell them.

Thank you for letting me share and please keep us in your thoughts. View attachment 58160View attachment 58161View attachment 58162View attachment 58163
Final act of kindness you can show your pet.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
My condolences to you all over the loss of your Pet. He was loved and well cared for, so many aren't...

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Always hard to lose a family pet; they truly are "one of the family".

So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
So sorry to hear of your loss, they are family not pets. He knows he was loved and you will see him again. He will never forget your family.

nchunter2

Eight Pointer
My Grandpa always said "A dog's love is the only love you can buy".

Sorry to hear about your family's dog. I dread that day for my current dog. God bless!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
PeeDee lived a better life than a lot of humans in this world. I know that doesn't ease your pain of loss. I am so very sorry for that. But I often get pretty happy when I see people post stories and pics of their pets with young children as they grow up. That dog had a wonderful life. We should all be so lucky.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Thank you everyone for your comments! The kids are doing ok, my wife and I are still pretty tore up. Mainly because we know it will hit the kids a little later. We are going to take them to the farm where we buried him after school today. We are headed to my parents house for thanksgiving on Wednesday and me and my son will be in the woods all weekend and my daughter will be having fun at grandmas house, hopefully this will help keep them distracted.

Again, thank you everyone! My lab knows something is wrong, she is only 2 and usually a bit wild, last night she was just laying around loving on everyone.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
so sorry brother....I know words do not help, but have been through this several times.....we are on our last three now since we will be fairly old and not able to take care of another...prayers and thoughts are with you and your family