This Dann Yankee Loves NC

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
L
Being a Yankee 😁, it is a city thing. Grew up dodging amish buggies but could be in center city philly in a hour or so. Only reason I ever went to the city was work and a few events. I despised going anywhere near a city, still do.

Rural folks work for what they have and appreciate it more. City folks don't want to work, but expect everything.

Only difference I see between Northern and southern rural folks is honesty. I could shake a hand up north and chit got done. Not here. I don't understand why, it just is. I trust very few here to tell the truth in full.

Now, I am in Eastern NC, and this place is a bit different. So there is no blanket statement being made for the entire state, so keep your panties straight.

Now NJ has always been a chithole. it can fall off just like Ca.
Its been ten years so by now it’s probably been overrun with the artsy liberal trustsfarian types…but some of NW NJ used to be pretty cool (but yeah most of the state blows lol). Lots of mountains, public land, country people sticking to themselves (unless you needed help) , small town conservative values, etc. Had to drive an hour in different directions to find big shopping centers or malls. Really reminded me of here. Which may not be a good sign anymore lol. This town is turning into the next cool place to be for liberals.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I'd like to point out that the state of North Carolina has trended more and more republican with the continued influx of people moving from out of state.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
was in Quebec when in college for a ski trip. French were rude and a bunch of wimps. yell something and run.🤣
Even the local girls laughed at them...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You and moose aren't yankees. You're both southern boys that were just born in the wrong place. ;)

well dang,,, I just wasted 2 hours trying to convince my North Carolina (a gazillion generations) born and bred wife to move back to God's Country,,,

and if you understood how BAD she hated snow, you understand how hard that conversation was,,,

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Accent and attitude kills it for me. Sorry to be so negative had to do business/travel up there for awhile I felt like I had to take 10 showers when I got home. I just felt dirty when I got home. Had a bartender up there one night continuously make fun of my accent so I ordered another drink when he brought it over I looked him in the eye and said hey man that :donk:donk:donk:donk was funny the first two times you said it now its getting old unless you want that bourbon bottle shoved down your throat I’d suggest you change the topic. If one never set foot in the south it would be a blessing to me. Not saying there aren’t good and bad in all people but if they never crossed the Mason Dixon line I’d be ok with it.
I guess that bartender decided your accent “killed it for him”