Taxidermist and price?

Kane_b

Six Pointer
Killed a real pretty hooded merganser this morning and wanna mount it, does anyone have a good taxidermist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just go to Plank road Taxidermy in Sanford NC and only drive across half the state from either direction

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
hands down Newlife taxidermy for anything with feathers. I have a duck and pheasant done by James that looks great. He will be getting any future birds as well.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Above is an excellent taxidermist but as with great quality comes a big price tag. Will be worth it though, one of the best in the state.

What ever you do, please do not get a $100 dollar mount or a “friend of a friend’s” discount taxidermist .... you’ll be sorry in the end.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Not everyone can mount ducks well... I recommend Vincent Fleming. He mounted my hooded merganser and canvasback and did a great job!!

I think he is on this forum as "Artistic Wildlife"

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
Diane Braswell right on the other side of Wake Co line in JoCo. She has done several birds for me, prices are very reasonable and does great work. She has two more birds of mine from last year. If anyone gives you a quick turn around time that more than likely means they are not too busy which isn't a good sign. She use to do large game but last year or year prior she stop doing those and doing only birds. I can text pics if needed or post contact info for her.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Mark Benfield in Lincolnton not only is he the best in the state but he is probably the best that has ever done birds.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Mark Benfield in Lincolnton not only is he the best in the state but he is probably the best that has ever done birds.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner. It wouldn’t matter where I lived, his work is worth the drive.

Buff assassin

Button Buck
Wildfowler taxidermy does great work if you don't mind waiting forever to get them back...

labman63

Ten Pointer
I just moved about 10 miles from Lincolnton back in July. Good to know I have a good taxi close. I have 17 ducks mounted and all but a few were done by Martin Krammer in Kernersville and all are great. Ryan Dobias did a great job on my blue goose and has a couple of my birds now.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I just moved about 10 miles from Lincolnton back in July. Good to know I have a good taxi close. I have 17 ducks mounted and all but a few were done by Martin Krammer in Kernersville and all are great. Ryan Dobias did a great job on my blue goose and has a couple of my birds now.

Mark is as good as it gets on birds but Eric Perry is right there with him.