Good luck Western opener (firearms)

SUDDEN IMPACT

Eight Pointer
Good luck and be safe tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to these three weeks. My son and I have some big plans. His spark has definitely rubbed off on me. We'll be mixing it up private land and game lands.

Wncbowhunter

Ten Pointer
COLD. with the wind in Mitchell County this morning. Been a slow year so far. Hopefully things change this morning. If not just blessed to be here.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
Said they need Sunday to catch their dogs. I wonder how the bear hunters will stand on the proposed changes on deer and bear seasons

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Can't get out till tomorrow.

I hope the Mountain folks didn't get skunked. Somebody post some pics.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
My life long hunting buddy who now lives in Colorado will be here next week, and we plan on doing some hunting. Although I doubt that we will climb the mountain like we did 35 years ago.:) I only have one buck tag left and don't want to be too tempted this week.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been a little warm this week. You folks seeing much action as far as rutting? I haven't seen an over abundance of sign on GL.

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone getting out in the snow? Plan on leaving work early as I can.

jscar

Four Pointer
Yes, I will wait until about 10 hoping the snow will taper off. I have 3 inches here in Haywood

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Wish I wasn’t at work. Wife sent me a pic out the back door of the buck I’d like to kill with two does. We had gotten about 2 inches or so when I left the house about 7:15. Haywood county

zbrady

Four Pointer
I'm heading to Yancey this afternoon to hunt. Hopefully it'll be a good end to the firearms season.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
western region buck kill is already the highest in the last 4 years according to the ncwrc reporting system.

you'll deserve the ones you get today!

Good Luck.

Last edited: