Finally a seat that my Butt likes

Wzbell

Button Buck
Thought I’d pass this along. I’ve been figting seats for years for my two man ladder stand. If you have one you probably know the bench seat is too vertical to be comfortable for most people’s backs.
I’ve tried different seats and even a boat seat. None felt good for long sits. Finally put it a clamp on stand made by rivers edge. Supposed to be used on the ground but works great. So far my arse is happy. Not bad for 30 bucks. I did lose some room because it’s a little bigger but it folds up making it a little easier getting in and out.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thought I’d pass this along. I’ve been figting seats for years for my two man ladder stand. If you have one you probably know the bench seat is too vertical to be comfortable for most people’s backs.
I’ve tried different seats and even a boat seat. None felt good for long sits. Finally put it a clamp on stand made by rivers edge. Supposed to be used on the ground but works great. So far my arse is happy. Not bad for 30 bucks. I did lose some room because it’s a little bigger but it folds up making it a little easier getting in and out.

Can you post a picture? I can't quite envision what you've done.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
It's s hammock style I bet. They made a double hammock ladder stand too. Think the two I sold, one went to Eric Eevo and one too Lee. Best seats I have used including Summit Climbers. They make tree seats the same style which I am betting is what you bought. Kind of like black mesh used on outdoor furniture. You would think all the extra padding on seats would make them better but those seats just worked well for me. I have a bunch of 4" thick European Foam left over from a discontinued Vendor. I work at a major bedding company. I am thinking of opening a pack and having my Wife cut a few pieces and covering them with neoprene. Would make a good turkey seat too. I brought home about 15 king size pieces in rolled plastic for a crash pad area for my climbing wall but haven't had time to ever build it.

Wzbell

Button Buck
Can you post a picture? I can't quite envision what you've done.

c76cb0d473011ce20b9e9d2a14cebec7.jpg

Last edited:

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

So, you removed the original seat in your two man ladder stand and fastened this to the tree, basically making it a one man stand? I'm interested because I have been searching for a more comfortable seat. Thanks!

Wzbell

Button Buck
So, you removed the original seat in your two man ladder stand and fastened this to the tree, basically making it a one man stand? I'm interested because I have been searching for a more comfortable seat. Thanks!

Actually I left the original bench seat and mounted this to the tree over top. My bench seats folds up so I could have done that too. It does limit seating to one. When my son comes up have to fold it up or move it.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Actually I left the original bench seat and mounted this to the tree over top. My bench seats folds up so I could have done that too. It does limit seating to one. When my son comes up have to fold it up or move it.

Got it. Thanks.