Live 18Nov17

afred

Four Pointer
Getting the coffee going and then off to the woods with the bow. Good luck to everyone today.

BriarHound

Six Pointer
I thought you were going to say you were already in the stand. That would be a long sit in the dark. Good luck.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll be headed out in a bit; gonna do some still-hunting mixed with stand-hunting, and if the dogs are being run in the area, I'll play that game, too. Cover all the bases.

Get out there now guys, before the wind picks up later this afternoon.

Six Pointer
Three weeks in and still have not knocked off the safety yet. Only does, fawns and small bucks. I have never went through ML season, three weeks, two in NC and two in VA that starts a week later, and come up empty. Just not my year so for. I have seen as more does/fawns already than I seen all of last season. Headed in now.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Not me today. Gotta go pick up a U-Haul truck and move all the big crap to the new temporary house today. Hopefully I can manage an afternoon hunt tomorrow. I am on vacation all week so it will probably be in the 80s all week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Getting ready to hit the stsnd. Fixing sausage and egg sandwiches wuth a thermos of coffee to cut the chill.

Good luck and be safe
1b0ec4bf9af76e4cd4d75d5e75303870.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Houstonj

Button Buck
Goodluck to all. Been at work since 3 pm yesterday got another hr and half to go. Ready for monday rifle season opens and wouldnt you know the wind prediction is wrong for every stand i got. May have to hope thermals rise and blows scent over anything close.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Three weeks in and still have not knocked off the safety yet. Only does, fawns and small bucks. I have never went through ML season, three weeks, two in NC and two in VA that starts a week later, and come up empty. Just not my year so for. I have seen as more does/fawns already than I seen all of last season. Headed in now.
I'm in n the same boat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
In the stand. Brakes went out in the wheeler so I had to drive the truck. Found out my kid left it dead empty so had to search for a gas station open and pray I made it. Hope I get rewarded this morning. If I do, my kid gets to skin it.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’m in on Jordan with Haywood and goofball. We know we are in the right area but I️ think we all need a big scoop of luck this morning

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
In a blind in Randolph co.. wind is good.. so hopefully a good one will show up....

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
In my perch,, gotta little pinch point here in a cut over drain. Sun is peaking and i can see my breath. God is good...
c62e0985804a1c1a3de79cda6b17515d.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
In a stand with the bow in Yancey Co., last day of the first bear season. Black or brown goes down today. Trying to get it done before rifle starts on Monday.

afred

Four Pointer
Just had a big bodied deer come by at 15yds but it was still too dark to shoot. Good to know they are on their feet

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Cold morning in Blount's Creek. Frost on the truck. My son saw 11 does and fawns together eating last night. No horns and no shots fired. We have been in since dark.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In the stand.. turned in driveway where I hunt....headlights hit horns in ditch... 8 pointer hit last night....but not one i have seen on camera....and probably not going to be a good morning....duck hunters everywhere!!

Last edited:

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
My gosh they got the wind forecast right for a change! Poor winds for this stand early, but forecast said they would do a 180 by 7a. Just like that, 6:40 and I'm getting a perfect head wind. Been wanting to hunt this spot all season but the winds have been really weird. Maybe...

dstubbsunc

Eight Pointer
Hanging out with a new puppy at the house not enough buck action for me as of late! Got all next week to try them again! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Couple shots in the area already in Randolph. Temps around 43 right now. Was hoping for the 30s but maybe the new moon gets them antsy today.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Checking in from Stanly good luck everyone and be safe.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

DanH

Four Pointer
Had big doe in my food plot 15 minutes before LST walked into the woods 1 minute before. About 10 minutes later had a decent size cowhorn following her path.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got in early saw one small buck and just heard the farmer come in with combines. Gonna witness a bean picking. Good luck

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Sitting in a Pine that I've climbed for over 35 years on a lightline ..

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
Could have spit on a spike's head. No shots yet but with the new moon, feeding times should be middle of the day.

Zomdeer78

Button Buck
Been in stand since 6. Haven't seen anything but squirrels. Seems to be the way my year is going.

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

buddha232

Spike
Up in Randolph. No sightings yet, but hearing shots on neighboring farms. Maybe I'll luck up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Settled in tent with my son. Wife in box blind 300yds south. Buddies son with us at hunt camp, got weekend off from Coast Guard. Took awhile last night to get his wife calm, she was followed from Clinton and missed a turn, pulled in a drive to turn around and car blocked her in. It moved so she could get out but followed her, we got with her in Magnolia it has backed off, she was shook up. Hoping for quiet day now. Enough excitement.