killing ducks over bait.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
not really, but the other baiting thread had me thinking of my younger days growing up on the haw. Lived about a mile down river of one of the biggest duck hunters the state has ever seen. He told me if i wanted to kill ducks that fed on corn that I needed to get a few decoys, and bright yellow poncho and sink it in 1-2 ft of water an put a few decoys around it. He was alot older so I took his advice and tried it. kilt many many ducks using plastic "bait" . fun days:D

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Not he first time I’ve head that. Also heard the Christmas tree truck. Bait the ducks by a tree you have placed in the water for a few weeks. Move the tree well away from the bait to your blind when it’s time to hunt. They ducks reference the tree as a landmark and come to you and you are not hinting over bait. Guys also use yellow nets on their net rigs.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
By the time they get close enough to see anything below the surface of the water, they should already be dead.

Ducks aren't killed over bait because they see it, they get killed because they already know where it is.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Not he first time I’ve head that. Also heard the Christmas tree truck. Bait the ducks by a tree you have placed in the water for a few weeks. Move the tree well away from the bait to your blind when it’s time to hunt. They ducks reference the tree as a landmark and come to you and you are not hinting over bait. Guys also use yellow nets on their net rigs.

also heard of using a white bucket to do the same thing