Landowner might be charged for damaging poachers truck

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/news/crime/landowner-destroys-teenage-poachers-truck/281-491930027

Interesting case out of WA state

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
OOPS, my tractor lost it's clutch. My Bad. Sorry. But this would not have happen if your @$$ was not on my property!

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
The landowner should be made to pay for damages. If this truck was financed and/or insured, we all have to pay for this landowner's stupidity via increased premiums or interest rates. Pushing it down a bank was not necessary to keep them there for law enforcement. Letting air out of tires, blocking them in, or having them towed would have worked much better.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
At best the trespasser will get a misdemeanor citation and the landowner may be looking at a felony charge depending on the worth of the truck. Depending on how they charge him.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I kinda like running a chain through the front tire rim and around front chassis. It's a red neck boot. I leave a note that the tow truck operators and/or the sheriffs dept. each have a key to the lock and will be there shortly.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree with that. People have wound up with all kind of charges from trying to detain trespassers here in NC. Used to not be as common but in the past 10-15 years it is more common for the original law breakers to file against the land owners and their charges wind up being more serious than they get.

C52

Eight Pointer
I wouldn’t damage the property, but as a victim at my business many times, I can tell you the court system doesn’t do much for the victim. The criminals know this. If the laws were enforced I think we would see things change.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Funny to me! He was making dang sure the poachers were not leaving!! Simple screw driver and removal of the license plate and I think you have their address to go find them.. But nope there are rednecks in every part of the US!!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Had a land owner that built a 3ft berm around a trespassers truck with a note to have the local warden contact him to let the trespasser out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Can understand that damaging the truck wasn't smart but sometimes you get to the point where enough is enough and the damn court system doesn't do a damn thing about it.

Heading to the nursing home this morning when I got down to where my parents once lived. My brother now owns the place, including a pickup parked there. Pickup was up on blocks with three of the four wheels removed. All but one of the lug nuts were removed from the 4th tire. That lug nut was rounded off which prevented the bastards from taking that tire also. Ironically the bastards had brought their own cinderblocks and wood blocks to prop up the vehicle after they removed each wheel. They even took all of the lug nuts. Reported to the sherrif's office but nothing they can do. If anyone hears of three practically new pickup tires for sale I'd appreciate the info.

blackheel

Twelve Pointer
I kinda like running a chain through the front tire rim and around front chassis. It's a red neck boot. I leave a note that the tow truck operators and/or the sheriffs dept. each have a key to the lock and will be there shortly.

That's what happened to my truck :D :D :D (Mike knows I am kidding)

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Guy that farmed one of my cousin's land back in the 70's got tired of repeatedly warned poachers ignoring posted signs and notes he left on their vehicles. It was 2-3 miles to an occupied dwelling in this area. He would basically steal their truck--winch it up on a implement trailer and off load it on a dead end dirt road through some woods about four or five miles away. Dude would come out to no truck and a long walk. Deputies or pulp wood cutters would find it in a few of days. Three -four days of worry can be good for the soul.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns

The only problem with that Mike, is that the serious poachers all have bolt cutters, I mean gate keys, in the truck...;)

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That paint that kids use to write "just married" on their cars.....write "got caught trespassing" on all 4 sides of his truck

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Take pictures of the truck and license plate, send them to the Sherriff. If it’s a regular problem have a tow truck come tow the vehicle and make the trespasser pay to get it back.