Contributor
Southwest Louisiana here I come,,,,,

Friends
Food
Flying ducks

What more could a man ask for

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Have fun, be safe and take lots of pictures. Maybe one day I will man up and take a trip like that.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
finally downloaded some pictures,,,,had a great time as always,,,,great food, great friends, and some decent duck whackin',,,,,,,,,,

first the food,,,,this is just an example of the eats,,,,I called it the pork version of a turducken,,,,,,,,

butterflied a pork loin,,,layered with cut up andouille sausage, deconstructed boudin,,,and trinity,,,,rolled back up, secured with toothpicks and backed till done,,,,no "done" pictures as we went straight to eating!

3dZwjxiZEgEm-T3X5WmWbCybVi5OMgmUY4T5Uo6rI5hHQVx7vBhmrNOA1BGeQ9e_3jSTOaDxpAwQXttF0mq-hnaSJvXqG5BH05EQdh8bXw=w330-h220

zFTG-Ng1OAEVlRtlBJCFO1iWAwu_qJL5qjDqqhxYKY_Fq1RujijSkzFveeHWddJDa7233PqwZwjExaYoO9EKTpC5WA_iXulM_yl5h5CqTA=w330-h220

and of course,,,three days of watching the sun rise over the coastal marsh,,,,,

37WnyEyAc3LFMRxG2FNHNt_tX78xO-QGrkuFXPrGPYwjUDDVhOS-fFjs_giRRoj4xtwBHyvJJQ6BckDwh9D6gXoesvSi8-QNnuMoxi4uRQ=w330-h220

and a sample of the mixed bag from day two,,,,,,

hjqY_7BSAavs9XBiYs31uGv6_R2RqLcchSeF_gLR03WYpMI7RwsgMFBFAN96YHlh9jsaAeRGKbod1TfOJV57CP1zJ54mrxSAPMr7ULKUIA=w330-h220

we've been going down there for 10 years now,,,,heck they even made overtures that we could join the club (rules restrict who can join),,,,,I really enjoy the fellows down there,,,,,always have a great time,,,,

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I used to go down there quite often in my wilder days. I was pretty much accepted back then, no way I could hand now. LOL

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
heading back to LA this afternoon,,,this time more central instead of the coast,,,,,,,hope to have some fun and good eats again!!

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
What a blast

Canvasbacks, teal, spoonies, mallards, pintail, gadwall and specks died,,,,,,,great food and some new friends

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I need to knock a Can off my list. Always wanted to head down that way. Any guides you might recommend from having spent time that way? Look forward to seeing pictures. Sounds like a great time.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
fellows keeping their heads down just fine,,,,

IMG_0311.jpg

view of spread from boat blind on the lake,,,

IMG_0312.jpg

typical view from one of the pit blinds on flooded bean or rice fields,,,,,

IMG_0332.jpg