Welp 2018

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I've never liked a bow tech but that new bow looks great and has some awesome features. The others I am not too impressed with. I'm shooting a 2012 new breed btw. So I'm not saying new is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
the only bow that impressed me the year in terms of meaningful innovation and features is the Hoyt. The rest just seem like minor changes to existing platforms in order to make yet another flagship.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
You know all the bows I have tried over the past 5 years shoot great and feel good in my hand. It would be tough to make a choice. Almost all top line bows are hard to beat. That being said I would have a hard time replacing both of my Z7s. They both just drill out to any yardage. I don't have to do anything to them. I write down all the measurements before I change the string and cable set and set them back up the same way and they are done for another 3 years. Tough to beat that!!

Last edited:

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I have a 2010 Bowtech Sniper and can't complain a bit. I got it for free from a family member that no longer wanted it. It shoots well and is quiet, especially for a bottom of the line bow. I also really like the minimal grips on my bow, I've tried shooting Mathews and Hoyt's and I don't enjoy the thicker grips. If I were to buy a brand new bow I'd likely stay with Bowtech.

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Bowtech - looks great, limbs break. Never had an issue with Diamond which is funny since they're cheaper and made by Bowtech.

MyHrly

Six Pointer
25, You've taken some Great Bucks, Id Love to have you set-up My Z7 , It Shoots dead on to 20-25yrds then strarts to drift right, probly 5-6" out at 35yrds, any idea's??
You know all the bows I have tried over the past 5 years shoot great and feel good in my hand. It would be tough to make a choice. Almost all top line bows are hard to beat. That being said I would have a hard time replacing both of my Z7s. They both just drill out to any yardage. I don't have to do anything to them. I write down all the measurements before I change the string and cable set and set them back up the same way and they are done for another 3 years. Tough to beat that!!

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
25, You've taken some Great Bucks, Id Love to have you set-up My Z7 , It Shoots dead on to 20-25yrds then strarts to drift right, probly 5-6" out at 35yrds, any idea's??

Walk back tune my friend. Pay attention to sight level.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Hoyt has always been a great innovation wise. But those limbs the last few years so parallel is dumb. Makes your string angle pretty crappy also.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
If your arrow drifts there are a few things I would check.
#1 arrow spine with fletching and the target tip of the correct weight. I would rather shoot a little weaker spine then to stiff.
#2 check the center shot of your arrow on the rest.
#3 Sight pin alignment are the pins truly inline with the bow center/string.
#4 fletch clearance on the arrowrest.
#5 the tune of the arrow/bow combiation you are shooting.
#6 keep your bow level
A video practicing at 100yds Z7 its a few years old.
[video=youtube;YCUwFQi06eI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCUwFQi06eI[/video]

Last edited:

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
I think from 2010-2012 compound bow tech really peaked, since then its leveled off. I've got a 2011 Bear Attack. Shoots lights out and with some speed. I hope to keep it for several more years.

rageslinger

Four Pointer
I would have to agree with 25contender that alot of people shoot to stiff of a spine. Also I personally think a heavier arrow/point is more accurate as well.

DADOGG14

Eight Pointer
Shot the realmX today and I like it. Currently shoot an E35 as I️ wanted to go back to a longer axel bow for my string angle. I️ have a 31” draw, tough to find the good string angle with short axel to axel bows. I️ want to shoot the new Hoyt and the new elite.