So tell me about Chris Brackett...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Based on what I saw, and heard in the video's he's not someone I would care to hunt with or even be associated with...

I've read some of his posts on Archery Talk when he was active several years ago, and he certainly let it rip there, which is one of the reasons he got banned. His handle was Rut N Hard if I remember correctly.

I don't see how risking your career over a deer is smart business. Maybe he can hire some good lawyers and get off the hook in court. Seems like a popular play these days.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
He would have ate that camera had been holding it.

I would imagine the camera guy is behind all this coming out. If he is, he hurt this dude way more than any :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk whoopin could’ve ever done. The best way to jack people up is to do it legally and financially. He recover from a butt whooping pretty quick. Probably gonna take a long time for this pain to go away. Hahaha

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I would imagine the camera guy is behind all this coming out. If he is, he hurt this dude way more than any :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk whoopin could’ve ever done. The best way to jack people up is to do it legally and financially. He recover from a butt whooping pretty quick. Probably gonna take a long time for this pain to go away. Hahaha

No, has nothing to do with the camera guy.

The landowner in Indiana is the culprit for all of Brackett's troubles. He gave him multiple opportunities to come clean about this and Brackett ignored him. He finally decided he'd had enough and went public with the footage and his story 2-3 days ago.

I've also met Brackett a few times and thought he was a very arrogant guy. In fact, I had a planned meeting with him at the ATA show 3 years ago and believe it or not, he never showed up or had the decency to cancel the meeting. I ended up running into him later that day and he completely brushed me off.

I took no hard feelings about that. If he wanted to treat people like that I knew it would eventually catch up to him. It certainly looks like it did.

double

Twelve Pointer
The camera guy in the Indiana footage deserves just as much bad publicity as Brackett. No different than holding a spotlight fir your buddy. He could have said stop dont do it or called the warden. He did none of that.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
The camera guy in the Indiana footage deserves just as much bad publicity as Brackett. No different than holding a spotlight fir your buddy. He could have said stop dont do it or called the warden. He did none of that.

I haven't watched the whole video, but sometimes you have to give someone enough rope to hang themselves.

double

Twelve Pointer
I haven't watched the whole video, but sometimes you have to give someone enough rope to hang themselves.

Then wait until neither of you can be charged before saying anything? BS. He was getting paid to film big bucks just like Brackett was getting paid to hunt bug bucks.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
No, has nothing to do with the camera guy.

The landowner in Indiana is the culprit for all of Brackett's troubles. He gave him multiple opportunities to come clean about this and Brackett ignored him. He finally decided he'd had enough and went public with the footage and his story 2-3 days ago.

I've also met Brackett a few times and thought he was a very arrogant guy. In fact, I had a planned meeting with him at the ATA show 3 years ago and believe it or not, he never showed up or had the decency to cancel the meeting. I ended up running into him later that day and he completely brushed me off.

I took no hard feelings about that. If he wanted to treat people like that I knew it would eventually catch up to him. It certainly looks like it did.

Thanks. I stand corrected then. Either way, you know that cameraman in that blind that took the cussing is sitting back grinning like a possum right now. :):):)

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks. I stand corrected then. Either way, you know that cameraman in that blind that took the cussing is sitting back grinning like a possum right now. :):):)

That cameraman should have made Brackett swallow a few of his front teeth and wrapped that tripod around his neck.

No way I would have taken that verbal abuse. 2 men may have entered that blind that morning but only one would have exited.

With sponsors dropping him it appears he's headed to the bottom relatively quick. Maybe he'll become a better man from all of this but he's got lots of work to do to get himself better.