Bass Master High School Series

Fish Head

Eight Pointer
Anyone on here participate?
I was asked to be a boat captain at this past weekend's tournament in Chowan Co, NC.
What a great experience!! It was cold as all get out, but my fisherman fished his butt off till the clock expired.

Fish Head

Eight Pointer
That is great! How did he do?

My guy was fishing his 1st tournament, and his teammate was absent.
He fished for 3.5 hours without a bite. The cold front Friday slowed the bite for largemouth, imo, but I'm not a bass fisherman. He caught a bowfin to rid the boat of the skunk, then right before time expired he caught a bass thatcwas 12 inches. Minimum size for weigh in is 14 inches, so unfortunately, he didn't have anything to weigh.
The kid fished his heart out, though. I was impressed. It's a very well run, organized event. I was impressed with my fisherman & the tournament organizers. Great stuff!

Fish Head

Eight Pointer
how exactly does that work? what does the boat captain do? does he coach or drive or what?

The boat captain drives the boat & can give tips, guide advice, etc., but cannot fish or assist the kids in ANY physical way. The kids have to catch & boat the fish without assistance.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
sign me up, i was born to do that, tell someone else how to catch bass. LOL.

that is way easier than catching them yourself.

Last edited:

SUDDEN IMPACT

Eight Pointer
My team would have blown their points out, only thing he missed the first tournament and fished two with different partners and the last three he fished with his brother. He won four and finished 2nd in the other. It's definitely catching on. I look forward to next year, he fishing them all with his brother so partners will not be a issue.

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
One of my friends sons fished that tournament. One keeper was all they caught. These tournaments are great ideas for todays youths.

Last edited: