Whew!!!!

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Very nice buck, great shot placement !

Thanks for noticing that. I practice for that shot all off-season. 40yds is getting to be my favorite yardage. I learned a long time ago if you have a clear shot at a nice buck whether it is 20yds or 50yds you need to be ready to take it. No telling where they might end up during the rut.

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Well done, two beautiful bucks. Great story on patience and letting buck mature. Way to stick with your goal and let him walk!
Look at that shot hole!

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Beautiful buck Mark! No substitute for putting your time and hunting smart. Glad it worked out for you man!

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Thanks Josh. I just went through some TC cards I pulled yesterday 11-12-2017 and this was taken 11-4-2017. This was the first pic of him since February 2017 and the last trail cam pic of him.

20171104_115339-L.jpg

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
hardest thing in the sport, killing a specific deer. and with the bow. Outstanding.

Congratulations on fulfilling your quest. He is a super deer.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Congratulations sir.

Both are beautiful bucks, but the latest one is outstanding.

Killing two 10 pointers with the bow is one thing.....two in one season is awesome.

I hope you enjoy relishing the memories of those two hunts for a long time.

Wow! That's a buck, and a story of a lifetime.

Even the 'little' one is a great deer. Congratulations on your success.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
I bought one of the big Buckshot stands. I have 2 of the regular BuckShots as well. Sitting in a big red oak in the big one right now.

Have you used it on regular size trees? I bought a new buckshot last year and almost bought the big one for the bigger trees but worried about trying to carry it through the woods and also how stable it is on small trees because depending on the situation I might climb a small tree that uses the first hole in the regular buckshot.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Yes it works fine on smaller trees. I have used it on the bottom hole with no issues. As far as weight. It is pretty close to the weight of the regular buckshot. It is easy to carry with the backstroke. I did modify my seat to flip up against the tree like I did my other buckshot stands.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Well been moving around a bunch trying to find a few that we had on camera last year. 8 separate sits in different locations over thanksgiving just some does and younger bucks. My nephew did score on his first deer with a bow. He started bow-hunting with me 3 years ago and let a lot of deer walk. I told him to take a doe over thanks giving and he did Thanksgiving evening. Back at it next weekend. Looking forward to December as it has always been a great month for us.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
WOW Mark! You've had an amazing season with two fine bucks. I have to say that I could not have passed on that buck last year like you did but he sure added antler! I very much enjoy your writing and you certainly earned that amazing 10 point. I know how tough it can be to connect on a particular mature buck and I'm sure you are still smiling. Congratulations on your super season!