Could be interesting

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
We should get Justin and James Myers together. James could show Justin what a ton of corn, I mean birds actually looks like.
If Justin has been in the same area I have, he's probably seen a right good jag of ducks.

Justin, no need to worry about this guy. He thinks the world revolves around what he sees in the parking lot at Fairfield gas station.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Well, deer hunting plans got canceled at the last minute...game land opener here I am...wish I remembered waders, knee highs are a bit dicey...

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
If Justin has been in the same area I have, he's probably seen a right good jag of ducks.

Justin, no need to worry about this guy. He thinks the world revolves around what he sees in the parking lot at Fairfield gas station.

I'm not worried about him. You know where I've been and what I've seen.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Go easy Justin, between no ducks ever making it down here and the onset of Sunday hunting for migratory birds coming sooner than later now the gloom and doom crowd are about to convert to tree hugging.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer

Justin, did not mean to offend you. I apologize. Here is what I know from actual observations. We hunt the south side near lake landing, nothing for us. Greenhill shot about 40 times, there was almost nothing from the surrounding impoundments.
Up on Northlake there are way less than usual - not much shooting. Back on Mattamuskeet farms there are always birds and I am sure the Hester, Floyd, Glover, etc. did well. My buddies near the prison, west side killed limits. others over in that area did not do so well. Lot of what I have seen killed are wood ducks, I don't really count those as migrators.
It has been a week since I have been on the sound. Last time we saw lots of scoters but not much else. this included Swan quarter, Juniper and Wysocking.

However the MI's are now holding lots of ducks.

If you have seen them more power to you, What exactly did you see and in what county (not asking for spots)?
How was your hunting this morning?

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure about puddlers and but a man could’ve killed plenty of limits of scoters in extreme southeastern nc Thursday and yesterday.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Not saying that any major migrations have happened locally but we were pretty surprised to shoot a hen shoveler this morning in Harnett county. I would assume that shovelers don't hang around all year in NC. Although she was about the same size as a wood duck so she was pretty young.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Justin, did not mean to offend you. I apologize. Here is what I know from actual observations. We hunt the south side near lake landing, nothing for us. Greenhill shot about 40 times, there was almost nothing from the surrounding impoundments.
Up on Northlake there are way less than usual - not much shooting. Back on Mattamuskeet farms there are always birds and I am sure the Hester, Floyd, Glover, etc. did well. My buddies near the prison, west side killed limits. others over in that area did not do so well. Lot of what I have seen killed are wood ducks, I don't really count those as migrators.
It has been a week since I have been on the sound. Last time we saw lots of scoters but not much else. this included Swan quarter, Juniper and Wysocking.

However the MI's are now holding lots of ducks.

If you have seen them more power to you, What exactly did you see and in what county (not asking for spots)?
How was your hunting this morning?

Good Sir - if you paid attention, Justin fishes WAY more than hunts,,,,he said he's been hitting the sounds and bays,,,,

And if he says he's seeing waterfowl, I expect he is

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I lie scoters,,,,saved many a hunt

If I’d had a 300yd shotgun with me, I could’ve filled a limit of scoters along with my limit of flounder. Haha. Always see a $hit ton of scoters where I go in November but you never hear of anyone shooting sea ducks there.