Proud of My Dog!

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
VA2.jpgVA1.jpg
Shot this buck in Va. Saturday afternoon. Buck was trailing hard and I took shot at about 100 yards in last opening. As I came out of stand bottom fell out. I found a spot of blood and marked it. Not sure of the shot I discussed with my son and decided we would let lay for the night. It rained all night and continued into the morning.

And about 10 that morning the rain stopped. My son met me at the farm with JAKE. Jake has been part of the family since a puppy. I used him a lot when he was young. But last few years I backed off his training. I would just track deer myself. Basically just too lazy to go get him on deer I knew where hit good.

I knew this would be a true test. 16 hours later with little break in rain. Within 10 mins on ground Jake had us with deer. He was pulling so hard I told my son I felt a deer must have just came through the area. But I had no choice but to trust him. Glad I did.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nice deer and way to go Jake! Labs may not be the ideal defense dog, but they sure as **** know what they're trained to hunt.

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
Great job Jake! Hope he got a special treat. Awesome buck u got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That is awesome. I love the stories of dogs doing what they love to do.

As much as I hated leaving the deer over night, especially with the rain. It could not have been any better than Jake finding the deer. I love watching him work. It just bothers me that much more that I don't work him enough. That's two deer he has found this year and he loves what he does.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Always trust your dog's nose, he knows what he's doing.

Real nice buck, glad you were able to recover him. How long of a track was it?

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Always trust your dog's nose, he knows what he's doing.

Real nice buck, glad you were able to recover him. How long of a track was it?

Thx. I trust him. In this case I had no choice.
Around 70 yds.

Last edited:

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
By the title I didn't know this was a big buck post! So, I'm late to the party. Heck of a buck! Congrats to you and Jake both!