Downeast

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Being I couldn't bear hunt in the mountains due to having to be at the farm Wed.and Thurs,I headed downeast to one of the clubs I belong to with one of my daughters and 2 of my nieces to let my daughter run her deer hounds had some good running yesterday so they tell me I was scouting and talking to some landowners getting ready for the eastern bear season.I think I am going to go with them this morning and hear the hounds run got a good crowd that has shown up last night.I brought my Dakota Sharps if I can get everything right I may take a long shot in a field and see what I can do with a deer today if its not over 300 yards the girls can pop at him.Looks like to me they will have over 70 or 80 hounds running today I should hear some good chases.Oh yeah my wife and another one of my daughters came along to but they will be burning some stores up shopping instead of hunting.

Last edited:

skimmer

Six Pointer
Gotcha, got some buddies that run dogs in Jones but I hunt in Carteret & eastern craven. Had some good chases this morning on our club

RJ1

Ten Pointer
I heard some good chases,my daughters hounds did really good and they killed some nice deer,one of my nieces took a nice 6 pointer the other one got a big doe.The running kinda broke down for alittle while about 2 pm,the girls had been after me to let them shoot my 45.70 Dakota Sharps so I took them down to the club range and let them have a go at it my daughter has shot my 1895 Guides Gun before (45.70) before needless to say I don't think anyone of them will be wanting to borrow it to do any still hunting with it,I don't think they like big bore rifles to much.