Muzzle loader bullet tradgectory question

hayco10

Eight Pointer
My muzzleloader is sighted in at 50 yards because that was the maximum distance I had where I used it. Now I have opportunity to shoot to around 100-130 yards. I won't be able to resight in at 100 before my next hunt. Theoretically where will the bullet hit at 100 yards? 250 grain Bullet , 100 gr. Of pyrotex pellets and 209 primer?

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It could be rising or falling from the sight in. You should be within the same 4" window up and down in my opinion.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My scope is graduated to sight in at 100 yards ....the 50 yard mark using 100 grains of powder and a 240 grain bullet is supposed to be 2 inches lower at 100 yards and that is what it appears to be.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Google the Swarovski Ballistic Program, Nikon Spot on, or any other ballistic program you prefer. I know Nikon and Swarovski include muzzleloader loads in their ballistic programs. You can enter your exact bullet and powder combo and it will generate a trajectory chart for you. I personally prefer Swarovski's because they give you the actual numbers table as well so you dont have to guess where its at on a graph.

bman940

Button Buck
Nikon's Spot On Program can defintely help you out. I used it for my ML hunt last week and made a 1 shot stop on a nice buck at 167 yards. If you need help running the numbers for your situation feel free to drop me a note and I'll do my best to help you out.
You can enter data and then target distance, say 50 yards and the zero you want, it'll then tell you where you need your impact to be at 50 for the zero you want.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
No way to know without shooting, tables are not always accurate...

With inlines, I sight in about 2 1/2 inches high at 100, then you are dead on at about 125 and about 3 low at 150, if using 80-100 grs of powder...Take the time to properly sight it in, then you will know for sure...