central ML opening weekend kills

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I thought it sounded slow in terms of shots heard in my neck of the woods ; but the real time harvest shows 800 bucks killed in the central section over the weekend, of course some could have been bow kills.

that is 31% of the total bucks for the season killed in one weekend. Central stands at 2,500 antlered bucks.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I heard 1 shot Saturday and 2 this morning. All distant. Saw a cat and a few crows this am. :(

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Heard a bunch in Guilford county.

and someone here said anson county sounded like wwlll. that being said it was deathly quiet in some places where it normally sounds like anson. :) i think one guiford guy here brucesmith said it was quiet on him.

one thing for sure there are 800 bucks who didnt think it was quiet enough. LOL.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
I hunted Anson on Saturday and never heard a shot. My dad and I didn't see a single live animal unless you count the dang monster orb weavers between every tree..haha.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I hunted Anson on Saturday and never heard a shot. My dad and I didn't see a single live animal unless you count the dang monster orb weavers between every tree..haha.

I heard 3 shots from Saturday morning through yesterday evening. That’s all. Two of them sounded like the same guy on back to back mornings.

If you count the folks sighting in guns mid-day... yes there was a lot.

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
I've heard, may 6 shots, since Saturday morning, in Chatham County. Hunted morning/evening, every day.

HC

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
and i make two. trying to do something about it every evening until the time changes. :)

I can’t hunt in the evenings, my lease is too far for me to get to when I don’t leave work until 5. But I will try again Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t hunt in the evenings, my lease is too far for me to get to when I don’t leave work until 5. But I will try again Friday and Saturday.

Was glad to hear that you are our northern neighbor

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Was glad to hear that you are our northern neighbor

Me too sir. I agree with Dan, that knowing who your neighbors are and having the same mindset gives you a sense of comfort. I hope to meet you up there in the near future.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Me too sir. I agree with Dan, that knowing who your neighbors are and having the same mindset gives you a sense of comfort. I hope to meet you up there in the near future.

Some pretty good bucks roaming around. A bear was seen going in on us but we don’t have any pictures

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
This week should be better with the moon bright in the sky. The doe inshot last week had no sme. Things ought to be heating up for the next two weeks.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
As of this morning the number of bucks killed in the central region has doubled since ML opened. up to 3,426 : 1,701 were killed prior to the opener. of course some of these may be archery kills.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Almost a 1,000 have been killed since friday in the central section, up to 4,403 bucks.

the three year avg for this same time period is 4,364. way ahead of the poorest year of the three year period, that year was only 3,861.

all these dead bucks and i hear no shots. if we were going on subjective guessing i would say it is a slow ML season. my personal bias would be incorrect.

Love these real time stats.

Last edited: