10/28 Live

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Seen 1 yearling and a little peg horn. Looked like 2 cigarette butts sticking up.

Squirrels were raising Cain along the bottom. These 2 deer got nervous and left. We will see what happens next.

Winds have picked up lightly from the ESE, , but from the wrong direction. Not good from this stand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dlgerow

Four Pointer
What a beautiful morning.
c08f78e7a5812f4992e07b513955d62e.jpg
eb51b64f02dafc487f25c239722df147.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zombie1978

Been in a loc-on in Wake since 6:20. Haven't seen anything. Going to give it a little longer and head for breakfast.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck from Forsyth..first hunt for me. Lots of movement but nothing I am inclined to shoot yet.
Y'all be safe..

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Just had 5 deer come in. That little peg horn came back. He sure is on alert this morning. He is spending a lot of time checking things out. Maybe a big boy is lurking nearby.

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
This is one of those mornings where I'm continually seeing deer, but my wife keeps texting asking "How much longer? " can I stay just a few more minutes?

Who can relate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Alot of movement here. Didnt really start till 8:45. A couple of decent bucks came to corn. Really didnt pay much attention to the does

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Zip for me this morning. Dogs came by, but if they was pushing something, I couldn't see it.

Promised the wife I'd help her with a project, so I'm headed home.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just getting ready to leave the blind......aint seen nothing....only one squirrel....longest sit i have gotten away with in years!! Got to go move a stand and get some roof repaif tape for my pop up blind be back in by 2 i hope

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had to leave early but just got back over to my blind to move a cam and another scrape has been made since I left.

That makes 10 in this 30x75 yard micro plot

Kinda makes a man feel funny for leaving so early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
My dad saw 2 fawns and I had one either smell him or myself in between us. Hopefully next weekend will be better

nc35hunter

Four Pointer
Saw some activity in Wake. Saw a nice buck at daybreak chasing a doe while it was still pretty dark, but no shot. grunts didn't stop him at all. 4 does and 3 smaller bucks later in the morning, dropped one of them and he's iced down in the cooler. Good to break the ice for the year. Pretty morning. Good luck to everyone this afternoon.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Got to my spot about 540 and sat for a while in my climber with the 30-06, but action was slow and I got down about 830 and start still-hunting. Ended up walking several miles over the course of the morning and didn't see anything. Heard similar reports from other hunters around the area

Crestliner

Six Pointer
We saw a small 6 pointer, which we let walk, and taking home 1 squirrel.

We will be back at in a little while.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Only saw a small doe this morning heard about 20 shots around me. It sounded like everyone hunting Chatham County shot their muzzleloader.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm back out for the afternoon sit. Dogs have been running this area pretty hard all day ( and they're still around) so I don't know how productive it will be. Just have to keep in mind that nice 8 pointer that's been showing up on camera about 15 minutes after shooting light........

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Deer are moving today. Had a small doe sniff my stand 1st thing this morning. Then another was playing in a small pond. Ate lunch and in a different spot since 230 and already seen 3. 1st good sized doe is gonna get it. Buck would have to be worth the $50 tag, so I'll wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Zombie1978

Back in for the evening hunt. Hopefully something will come by.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Kane_b

Six Pointer
Out over a bean plot this evening. They've been seeing a lot of new deer come through

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just got in around 420. Have my sister in with me

Had a small buck come sniff things out and would have been my sisters first buck but I said let’s give it a minute and he left. If nothing else comes out I’m gonna be in trouble