My son's good fortune fishing lately...

hawkman

Eight Pointer
My son has started hitting it "big" lately. He caught an 18" trout the other day, and then we lit into a bunch of small puppy drum. All of a sudden, he's reel (a 1000 series Sedona) starts screaming, and he lands a 26" redfish! It went under the bridge we were fishing near (concrete pilings) and I thought we lost it, but I'll be darned the fish turned, came back out into the open water. Talk about a happy camper! I was so happy for him. I wanted him to feel that power this year (for the first time) and he did. Just prior to that, actually, he also landed an 18" BLACK drum. I don't know if I've caught a black that big before and I haven't seen one in a long time. Pretty sweet.

Then last weekend, he was getting down b/c he hadn't caught anything, I'd caught four keeper trout that I threw back and then when he had the net looking for crabs, I lost the biggest trout of my life (maybe 5#) when I tried to land him without a net. He was acting a little sullen and I said "C'mon bud, pick up that rod and fish. The trout are here!." I changed his Gulp and on his first cast he caught a 16" FLOUNDER - our only keeper of the year. He again was so happy, and so was I. I gave him a big hug. The flounder was my key target this year.

1001171640_HDR (1).jpg
1001171658_HDR.jpg

Browning86

Six Pointer
I'm going have to pm you my address so you can send me all those keeper specks you are throwing back. I know you are wanting flounder but I'd take a trout over a flounder any day!