Jet ski trailer. Any ideas?

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I'm looking to build a mobile blind on a jet ski trailer. Any ideas other than 2x4s and ply wood that would be sturdy enough to haul down the highway? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
are you thinking like a box blind with 2x walls and plywood or you just thinking about a platform on the trailer?

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A 2x4 platform attached to the trailer with a "Hurricane Tie". Floor, Walls, I would run the plywood down to catch the floor from the walls. Put roof on and attached the roof to the walls with rafter ties so you're not worried about losing it going down the highway. fix some legs to go in each corner so it won't twist while you're getting in and out of it and moving around on the inside.

It should be fine.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
That's what I'm looking for. I really don't won't to stick build one. It would cost an arm and leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
I get the whole DIY thing... but for the cost of the materials to build anything onto that trailer you will far exceed the cost of a $75 tent blind that you can pick up brand new at any sporting goods store now... and they weigh 5-10lbs so mobility is as easy as folding it up and carrying...

I guess what I'm thinking is that you'll spend a lot more money and have something not any better than what is already available...