Hunting clubs

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
We had some great weekday hunts at Gatlin this past week. I needed some good hunts.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
How much land has Gatlin got?

I haven't checked to see the actual amount, around 7900 acres of timberland and them some other private farm tracts. I would say 8500 would be a modest number, but may be more. All the property is contiguous with only one county road running through a short distance.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've heard it was one of the better places in the state to run dogs. You liking it up there ?

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I've heard it was one of the better places in the state to run dogs. You liking it up there ?

I like hunting there during the week a lot, fewer dogs and people. Gets a little crowded for me on Saturdays. Some of the guys love it though. I just always hunted with smaller groups and tend to like that better. Now as a stander I bet Saturdays could be a blast. Part of my enjoyment is listening and watching my hounds work and hunting in front of them.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I haven't checked to see the actual amount, around 7900 acres of timberland and them some other private farm tracts. I would say 8500 would be a modest number, but may be more. All the property is contiguous with only one county road running through a short distance.

I was told the lease itself was right at 10000 acres

Southside

Ten Pointer
Is this close to Bear Grass Darren?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gatlin is bumping on the door of 10,000 acres. As DRS said, it gets a little crowded on Fridays and Saturdays, but during the week you couldn't ask for much better.