Topsail report

quackNcluck

Six Pointer
The men of our family take an annual trip in the fall every year to topsail in search of whatever is biting on the surf, some years are great some years are a bust but we always have a good time. This year we absolutely slayed the flounder. They bit just about every artificial we threw at them at low tide. Also caught the usual; blues, pompano, mullet, black drum and a speckled trout. Classic country music playing the whole time and listening to the old timers tellin’ stories. Don’t get no better...
9c081c25dab791cf8a8c5c0c50384cf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
I have heard the king bite has been on fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st 3 Kings on any of the Island Piers, were caught, on SCP, Sept 9, by the same guy. SCP has 60 now. Seaview, 12, Jolly Roger, 18. No Spring Run, or Summer fish. Plenty of Tarpon caught during the Summer. I left, 1st week of October, when the bite started picking up.

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They liked a 3/4 oz Blue Water Candy jig head in chartreuse. I like the Gulp swim mullet 4" in pearl white

A buddy just called. Two of them caught 4 keepers at low tide at Topsail Inlet this morning on 1/2 oz jig heads and 4" white shrimp gulps.

Hope to be up there late today. What area were y'all fishing...north end, south end, etc?? Thanks.