Headed to Ohio in the morning.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been getting stuff together the last couple of days for my trip to Ohio this coming week. I've got everything I need at this point I think at least. Been shooting my bow on a regular basis, feeling very confident out to about 45 yards. Got my lisence this week, got a couple different sets of clothes depending on the weather, got my personal items all together. I shot my bow a little this afternoon. I believe I am closing in on being set to depart in the morning about 6:00. As always I feel like I am forgetting something but I sure can't think what it is. Worst case I'll get it up there. I'll be hunting all week. Rain is in the forecast first part of the week but it's showers and spotty then turning off cooler mid week on. Got a young man coming to the farm to feed the horses and take care of my hounds while I'm gone. Work should flow right along while I'm gone, I've got some great guys at the office. I've always hunted NC and SC going up north on a trip like this is always something I've wanted to do, I'm hoping it's going to be a yearly thing. Anyone else going on any trips this coming week or in November? It's aabout that time for the bucks to start moving.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My buddies in Ohio today. They had great movement today. I think they only took these deer to show up some of our NC friends who were there. Your going at a great time. Enjoy the Ohio deer woods. I Will be there November 13th.

Attachments

• 11607.jpg
    11607.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
Good luck brother. I'll be up there on the 13th of November. Think it might be a little late but still looking forward to it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Been getting stuff together the last couple of days for my trip to Ohio this coming week. I've got everything I need at this point I think at least. Been shooting my bow on a regular basis, feeling very confident out to about 45 yards. Got my lisence this week, got a couple different sets of clothes depending on the weather, got my personal items all together. I shot my bow a little this afternoon. I believe I am closing in on being set to depart in the morning about 6:00. As always I feel like I am forgetting something but I sure can't think what it is. Worst case I'll get it up there. I'll be hunting all week. Rain is in the forecast first part of the week but it's showers and spotty then turning off cooler mid week on. Got a young man coming to the farm to feed the horses and take care of my hounds while I'm gone. Work should flow right along while I'm gone, I've got some great guys at the office. I've always hunted NC and SC going up north on a trip like this is always something I've wanted to do, I'm hoping it's going to be a yearly thing. Anyone else going on any trips this coming week or in November? It's aabout that time for the bucks to start moving.
Good luck. I hope you have a safe trip and bring a big one back to Stanly County!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Good luck, you’ll love it! No Ohio again for me this year but that’s because I leave Nov 8th for the Sandhills of Nebraska and their rifle season. The best part is it’s gonna be three generations of us going (me, my dad and grandfather) and then my co-worker is tagging along. I’ll eat tag soup on both my tags if it means my dad and grandfather both get a decent mulie!

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Just got back from up there awhile ago. Went up this morning to put up cameras and a little scouting. Saw alot of scraps and rubs. Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bb1970

Six Pointer
Good luck !!!!! Hope ya get a big one!!!! Oh I just remembered what you forgot.......ME !!!!!!!!!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One thing I have found very helpful on week-long hunts is a boot dryer. When you are hunting in cold/damp weather or your feet sweat on the way to the stand, being able to completely dry them out overnight makes a HUGE difference. Putting soggy boots back on your feet on a cold morning is a bad feeling.

Good luck. Hope you kill a big 'un.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had a blast! The weather was a little touch and go at first but thats hunting. Once things cleared up and it got cold the deer started moving. After about a day or so being in camp I felt like the guys there were my hunting buddies that I've hunted with for 15 years or more. I can't say enough about the guys there. I ended up killing a 9pt Thursday evening. Not a huge buck by Ohio standards but he was nice enough for me to shoot. I shot the deer right before dark Thursday evening and hit him low. We waited until Friday morning to go back in and look. 3 of the 4 guys helping look for my deer left their stands early that morning to help us look for my deer. I was very impressed with that. Again, a great group of guys to hunt with. I am planning to go back again next year,

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I had a blast! The weather was a little touch and go at first but thats hunting. Once things cleared up and it got cold the deer started moving. After about a day or so being in camp I felt like the guys there were my hunting buddies that I've hunted with for 15 years or more. I can't say enough about the guys there. I ended up killing a 9pt Thursday evening. Not a huge buck by Ohio standards but he was nice enough for me to shoot. I shot the deer right before dark Thursday evening and hit him low. We waited until Friday morning to go back in and look. 3 of the 4 guys helping look for my deer left their stands early that morning to help us look for my deer. I was very impressed with that. Again, a great group of guys to hunt with. I am planning to go back again next year,

Post is useless without pics! Congrats

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer

Sounds like a good time! Can’t beat Ohio in late October with a good cold front. We are usually in Ohio on Halloween but I’m having to push the trip back a couple of weeks due to work. Hopefully the rut is still rocking by the 13th! Congrats on your buck! Let’s see some pictures!

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sounds like a good time! Can’t beat Ohio in late October with a good cold front. We are usually in Ohio on Halloween but I’m having to push the trip back a couple of weeks due to work. Hopefully the rut is still rocking by the 13th! Congrats on your buck! Let’s see some pictures!

NCridgehunter, what part of Ohio? Me and a few friends will be up there the same week. Sorry in advance for the thread back. I am also patiently waiting on photos

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
NCridgehunter, what part of Ohio? Me and a few friends will be up there the same week. Sorry in advance for the thread back. I am also patiently waiting on photos
I'm making the trip myself to Chesterhill ohio tomorrow!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I'm heading up Tuesday of next week thru Saturday. Weather isn't looking great but with each update it's getting better.