Granville Deer Density

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
So I went to the state fair tonight and stopped by the NCWRC tent and saw this map. I think i have seen it before but what became apparent this time is that Granville is surrounded by 3 counties with double the density and 2 counties with triple the density. I asked some of the personnel at the table and this really attractive young lady and I talked about it and we really never came to any conclusion except that maybe disease had hit it hard. I remember that being a tough season but I also remember Vance being worse that year or the year after.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Hunting/Documents/Deer-Density-2015.pdf

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So I went to the state fair tonight and stopped by the NCWRC tent and saw this map. I think i have seen it before but what became apparent this time is that Granville is surrounded by 3 counties with double the density and 2 counties with triple the density. I asked some of the personnel at the table and this really attractive young lady and I talked about it and we really never came to any conclusion except that maybe disease had hit it hard. I remember that being a tough season but I also remember Vance being worse that year or the year after.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Hunting/Documents/Deer-Density-2015.pdf

You're remembering right, 2014 was the year zone 3 got hit hard with EHD. Here in my part of Warren County, I find it hard to believe that the deer density has come back to even half of what that chart is stating.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
We got hit hard up in this corner of Granville as well. '15l and '16 saw virtually noting. Finally seeing a few deer this year and a pretty good fawn recruitment so things are looking up. Still nowhere near where it was before EHD but maybe that isn't a bad thing.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
We got hit hard up in this corner of Granville as well. '15l and '16 saw virtually noting. Finally seeing a few deer this year and a pretty good fawn recruitment so things are looking up. Still nowhere near where it was before EHD but maybe that isn't a bad thing.

I agree. We saw a pretty good decline in 2014, and hunting was really tough. But every year since has improved, and the quality of deer we are seeing is way better than pre-2014.