Morehead City Turning Basin 10-20-17

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
The Wife and I went up to the turning basin this morning for a bit of fishing. We caught the usual Pinfish and Black Sea Bass but we managed to catch 7 nice Sea Mullet and 2 Croaker that we kept for a couple of meals. Not much going on in the basin the fish seem to be scattered right now. We fished the incoming tide with fresh cut Pinfish..The Wife hooked a nice Shark that we released she had a good fight with it. The Shark would have made for some good eating but I had no idea what species it was or if it was lawful to keep. Lots of boats out there today but most people went on out towards the Ocean. Not many people were fishing the turning basin. The parking lot was full today and overflowing all the way out to 70 highway and people were still coming..The weather was wonderful, light winds and clear skies and the temperature was just right for us..We had fun out there that's what counts but a good mess of fish to eat isn't bad either...

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
No spots? We were down there last weekend and did pretty good on them in the turn basin.

A guy pulled up close to us and said they were catching Spots on down the waterway towards the Atlantic Beach/Morehead City Bridge. I saw a few boats close together down that way. I only want a mess of Spots if they happen to bite but I prefer fishing for Sea Mullet. Catching lots of Spots just isn't our thing...