Broad heads

jim67

Eight Pointer
Here is my rant (my own fault). I shoot a crossbow with the older style Rage, which have worked but have only killed 2 deer with them, but always thought about premature deployment in the back of my mind. At a store I found some Muzzy fixed blade for crossbows, (not the trocor or whatever they are called) an impulse buy for sure, took them back and started to shoot the practice head, lost it. never could get them to fly right so I wrote them off (for sale now, cheap) went back to a store and purchased the Rage Crossbow X 125gr, thought ok now Im in business! Has anybody ever seen these? The ones I got have the "heavy duty" shock collar and I can almost bet that there is NOOO way these would ever open on impact. Now Im out about $80. I am now looking hard at the Ram Cats for crossbows. The blades are thin which would eliminate planing. I would like some feedback on the Ramcats if anybody is using them, this is making me go broke!

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
So you have broadheads that work, tried a new set that didnt fly well, bought different ones that based on your judgement will not work? Why not shoot a deer with the new rage and see what happens. Or shoot a slab of ribs and see if they open if you dont want to risk a deer.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
I'd recommend you use those Rage Xbow 125 heads with the sturdy shock collar. They'll stay intact in your quiver and will deploy upon impact...believe me. They'll make a hole you can throw a cat through.

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
I'd recommend you use those Rage Xbow 125 heads with the sturdy shock collar. They'll stay intact in your quiver and will deploy upon impact...believe me. They'll make a hole you can throw a cat through.

I use these and have been pleased as well. Especially the new red collars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim67

Eight Pointer
Alright, thanks so much. They are in the quiver now, and they are the red ones that don't have much of a slit at all.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Alright, thanks so much. They are in the quiver now, and they are the red ones that don't have much of a slit at all.

By the way, be sure to line the blades up between the slits....and not in the slits. They will deploy either way, but the right way to align them is in the center of the solid piece between the slits. Good luck!

PG2

Ten Pointer
I have been shooting rage's for sometime now, both from my compound and crossbow and I have never had an issue with them at all. From my compound set at 70# with 30" draw I have gotten complete pass through on every deer with a massive blood trail a blind man could follow. The same thing with the crossbow rages. I have been using the 100 grain 2 blade....

Slong

Four Pointer
I used to shoot Rage but switched to Grimm reaper xbow. They work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Here is my rant (my own fault). I shoot a crossbow with the older style Rage, which have worked but have only killed 2 deer with them, but always thought about premature deployment in the back of my mind. At a store I found some Muzzy fixed blade for crossbows, (not the trocor or whatever they are called) an impulse buy for sure, took them back and started to shoot the practice head, lost it. never could get them to fly right so I wrote them off (for sale now, cheap) went back to a store and purchased the Rage Crossbow X 125gr, thought ok now Im in business! Has anybody ever seen these? The ones I got have the "heavy duty" shock collar and I can almost bet that there is NOOO way these would ever open on impact. Now Im out about $80. I am now looking hard at the Ram Cats for crossbows. The blades are thin which would eliminate planing. I would like some feedback on the Ramcats if anybody is using them, this is making me go broke!

They open... I have 3 deer down with them already this year

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The ones I got have the "heavy duty" shock collar and I can almost bet that there is NOOO way these would ever open on impact.

I will take that bet! I have never seen or used them before but I will bet on the engineers that designed them understanding the physics better than a gut feel looking at them. I also will assume they were extensively tested.

thirtywide

Six Pointer
I killed a pretty good 8 pointer this past Wednesday with Rage broad heads 40 yard shot he went about 20 yards so they are fine with me

jim67

Eight Pointer
Well they work. Doe down, shot a little forward but a hole you can drive a truck through!