Woohoo!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bright Ideas Grants are given by the local Electric Co-ops to local school teachers, not the school, the actual teacher. there is a $1,000 (maybe $1,500) limit per grant. Basically anything you can make an instructional lesson with, they can approve. My wife received several before she changed schools. It is a very good program.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Thank you all for the kind responses. I have won 3 in a row, my first project was a tin can robot assembly line that I teach using Henry Ford's model. The second I wrote was to teach kids how to build telephones and cell phones from scratch as well as electromagnetic motors and building light bulbs from scratch. This year was different because i wanted to teach my kids more about being able to be comfortable in front of the camera and to be able to create reliable news accounts so they have to be reporters(The grant is buying the equipment for reporting) from historical time frames giving detailed reporting as if they lived that day and were just giving the news of the event(whatever it was that day).
The kids have specific things they will be reporting on so it is a lot more researched based in nature.
The cap on any bright ideas grant is $2000 and it makes the 4th one I have won over the last 19 years.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats, luckybuck, that's great.

My wife won a couple of those a number of years ago.