Good Spanish day

C52

Eight Pointer
We headed out of Bogue Inlet Sunday morning at 10:30, low tide was 10:45. No problem, plenty of water except at the last bouys it was 2 foot. Still plenty of water for my boat. Pulling Clark spoons we started getting fish immediately. Started off with nothing but 11 to 14 inchers, but as soon as we went a little deeper we found the 17s and bigger. The swells were nice and calm, and the weather couldn’t have been any better. Quit fishing at 3 and I estimate we caught 75 fish. We kept 28, and only 5 or 6 were below 15 inches. Biggest Spanish was 21 inches and we caught a 24 inch king. Very good day on the water.

Last edited:

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Well done! I wanted to peak out the inlet but my wife is pregnant and didn't wanna go to far so we fished inside on Saturday and Sunday around the turn basin. Lots of spot and croaker around in the usual places.

C52

Eight Pointer
Well done! I wanted to peak out the inlet but my wife is pregnant and didn't wanna go to far so we fished inside on Saturday and Sunday around the turn basin. Lots of spot and croaker around in the usual places.

I wanted a few spots, but we trolled until the last minute. Congrats on your future fishing buddy

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I wanted a few spots, but we trolled until the last minute. Congrats on your future fishing buddy

Thanks! It's a boy and I'm looking forward to training him up to hunt and fish one day.

I have a friend down there all week this week and he is still catching trout and spot pretty steady. Wish I could make it back down this weekend.