your favorite picture from this past spring - and why

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I found this one yesterday after having forgotten it existed. I think it's my 2nd favorite from the spring. Lots of reasons why I like this one.

IMG_3491_zpswryth3ab.jpg

I think this one is my favorite, because it captures the moment after the hunt, and also shows my "Happy Thought" and what is probably my favorite wild place on earth.

IMG_3480_zpsaslzbylt.jpg

This is my 3rd favorite I think, because it shows my two favorite hunting buddies in a candid moment, pausing to enjoy a respite during the arduous climb up the mountain after a successful hunt.

IMG_3499_zps2nr0kbfi.jpg

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm usually by myself so not much opportunities for pictures. A trail cam happened to catch me returning from my successful hunt on the first bird I ever called in by just scratching in the leaves. Best I remember he weighed about 40 lbs. cause I'm only halfway back home in this picture and already having to use both hands to carry him.

2017 from Bill's.jpg

gobbler

Eight Pointer
this is my stepson shaun, in the pic he is 9, other than watching this bird strut down the hill and run up the other hilll to us where he was shot in self defense, the best part was watching shaun try to carry the bird up the hill, it was very steep and he rolled backwards with the bird, i wish i had it on video, this pic was taken back at camp while he was showing the bird off, im not sure who was prouder

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

gobbler

Eight Pointer
while not turkey related this is from early spring and one very special day on the water, the sunrise was just the beginning

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 64