10/18 live

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Getting ready to head to the club.... hoping the cold has em fired up as I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
Heading out the door now. Got permission on a farm here in Halifax County while I'm here. Have seen deer every sit so far. Going to try some grunting this morning. Cold weather should have them on their feet!

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
36 degrees here at my place in Warren County. Should be a good day for it; too bad I've got to work. Good luck to all of you who can get out today - I'll be joining you tomorrow.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Settled in a chair watching a road that's 500yds long. Saw 13 deer yesterday between 2 and dark

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Heading out the door now. Got permission on a farm here in Halifax County while I'm here. Have seen deer every sit so far. Going to try some grunting this morning. Cold weather should have them on their feet!

How did ya pull that off? I've lived here my whole life and it's very hard to find a place ti hunt that isnt a club.

sent from...... Tapatalk

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Saw another buck in the same area as yesterday. Couldn’t tell about his rack but had plenty of meat in his bones. Cruising through a bean field headed towards a cutover right near us1

Where you sanford boys at?

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Back to work for me. Good luck everyone shoot straight. Sure is a cold morning😁

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Don't hate the Lexus.
27e8f80348c776564f58aae96a040b85.jpg

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 15 today, could have tagged out quickly today. Doe and 2 button bucks stepped out at 813 and I dropped her at 53yards. At 930 they picked back up from 925-950 had 7 does and 5 bucks cross, shot this 18'wide 7pt at 937 broadside @161 yards

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
How did ya pull that off? I've lived here my whole life and it's very hard to find a place ti hunt that isnt a club.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Must not be too hard. My brother has been living there 3 months and found a farm to hunt near the Halifax/Martin county line...going up there Sunday to check it out.

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer

sent from...... Tapatalk

Friend got me in touch with a farmer that doesn't normally allow hunting but gave me permission while I'm here

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats.......but couldn't you take the pic while they were on the ground? Lexus......really.......those deer are ridin in style!!!!

You really need a truck.....that rack is FULL

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats.......but couldn't you take the pic while they were on the ground? Lexus......really.......those deer are ridin in style!!!!

You really need a truck.....that rack is FULL

Really hard to deliver mail in most trucks.....only small trucks have bench seats which means no back seat to put packages. And camper shells are a pain.... but I see your point these deer are abit yuppy. I don't think these 2 care much for the view though.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats on your double, TravisLH!

Glad to somebody's scoring while I'm at work.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Must not be too hard. My brother has been living there 3 months and found a farm to hunt near the Halifax/Martin county line...going up there Sunday to check it out.
Must be me....lol

I have found a couple places over the years but couldn't pay $20 a acre for it.
I am lucky in the fact that I have a friend that owns a farm he let's me hunt on, I was just saying in general it's hard to find land here.

sent from...... Tapatalk

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Surprised no deer this morning ,but did get hi hopes for turkey season had 11 turkeys come in on me and every one of them had beards,man it sure did feel good this morning

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Out in Randolph now. Good luck everyone! Man I can get used to this weather.

sakoman

Dude that dear is far from being 18 inches it would be lucky if it was 14