Where to get Barrels

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I have and inline and 2 Renegades. 1 renegade is a 50 cal sidelok. the other is the same minus the barrel. I purchased it really cheap but the barrel was so bad I need a drop in barrel for it that is ready to go. any suggestions?

Tks Mack

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Green Mountain Barels has drop in replacement barrels for the Renegade,,,their IBS barrels also work

D. Buck Stopshere

Six Pointer
I'll check and see what I may have. Just bought a collection of a dozen T/C traditional rifles, (Hawkens, Renegades, Cherokees, and Senecas).

I think there is a drop in barrel for a Renegade, it might be a fast-twist (1:32") for conical bullets and sabot rounds.

I should keep the Renegade with the .32 caliber Green Mountain drop-in barrel. Guess at 9 lbs, you could call it a "heavy hitter" on squirrels.

Should have an answer before Friday.

Buck Buchanan
Fayetteville

D. Buck Stopshere

Six Pointer
Its been a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure that Green Mountain has discontinued the "drop-in barrels for the T/C traditional rifles.

Their website just list the 13/16", 7/8", 15/16", and 1" barrels and only in 36" & 42" length.

The drop-in barrels for the T/C models were 15/16" ATF X 32" for the Hawken and 1" ATF X 32" for the Renegade.

I can verify that because one of the dozen T/C rifles I bought is a Renegade lock & stock fitted with a Green Mountain "drop-in" .32 caliber barrel, 32" long.

I have seen a .32 caliber G. M. barrel sell on Gunbroker for $ 500.00. I expect a G.M. barrel in .45, .50, or .54 caliber for the Renegade to sell for $200 to $300 on Gunbroker.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Its been a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure that Green Mountain has discontinued the "drop-in barrels for the T/C traditional rifles.

Their website just list the 13/16", 7/8", 15/16", and 1" barrels and only in 36" & 42" length.

bummer,,,,I hadn't checked in a few years,,,,just knew they had (past tense now I guess) them,,,,they were nice,,,,

thanks Buck,,,

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
ok, I have seen the green mountain barrels but I dont see where they have one for a renegade. and they dont say whether they come with sights. guess I just need to call them

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
ok, I have seen the green mountain barrels but I dont see where they have one for a renegade. and they dont say whether they come with sights. guess I just need to call them

as buck mentioned, green Mountain quit making drop in barrels,,,they only sell the blanks now (no sights and such),,,,I gave you old knowledge without checking their website