Excellent start to the Mountain Bear season

RJ1

Ten Pointer
We have taken 3 bears in two days,had a couple of real good chases took two off the same run yesterday stuck a track first thing Monday morning turned out on him he took the hounds to a beaver pond I had turned out 2 young hounds they kinda got thrown out at the pond after about 20 minutes messing around the pond they took of in a different direction than the older hounds about 30 minutes later the older hounds bayed up as we were working toward them I thought I heard the young hounds open up called the guys that had stayed on the road told them that the young hounds were headed their way running something just about the time we got to the first bear I heard a shot out on the road.We took care of the first bear and I called the guys on the road they had one down to.The one today I struck next to a field it was a really good chase lasted about almost 3 hours before he treed.Landowners daughter took her first bear Monday the one that bayed up a nice 425lb boar,an older gentleman took the one that was trying to cross the road Monday 342lb boar,the one we took today was the largest so far 482lb boar taken by a friend from Nashville,Tenn. nothing really gigantic but some really nice looking bear.

Last edited:

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Sounds like some good hunts. Especially as dry as it is.

Yep, been working areas were I know there are ponds and creeks,another group up here hunting a different county than us took one yesterday but had alot of trouble getting on one today they got up on one this afternoon they saw cross a road they knocked in out of the tree about 5pm talked to them on the phone they had just got him to the truck about 7pm.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
This thread is useless without pictures.

Sorry you think that,I do not post pictures of my hunts on the internet,I also do not allow people that hunt with me to post pictures of kills made in front of my hounds on the internet if the do they will not ever hunt with me again. I stopped letting that happen years ago when a friend of my let someone post pictures of a mountain lion that was taken in front of his hounds,had several of his hounds,him,the mountain lion and the hunter that took the mountain lion in it well that picture ended up on an anti-hunting website and on a anti-hunting pamphlet.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry you think that,I do not post pictures of my hunts on the internet,I also do not allow people that hunt with me to post pictures of kills made in front of my hounds on the internet if the do they will not ever hunt with me again. I stopped letting that happen years ago when a friend of my let someone post pictures of a mountain lion that was taken in front of his hounds,had several of his hounds,him,the mountain lion and the hunter that took the mountain lion in it well that picture ended up on an anti-hunting website and on a anti-hunting pamphlet.

Well that sucks.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
I will be there 3 or 4 days before the season opens on Nov.13th.

Last edited: