Krack Attack

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Might be interesting :( :mad:

Except my phone I'm almost always plugged in, and I rarely use WiFi on my phone, mostly cellular. Hopefully, I'll be alright.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
It's pretty serious. Just about every wifi device is at risk right now.

NCST8GUY's pants hanging low because he forgot his belt is a serious krack attack.

My WIFI network in my home being vulnerable to a hacker is a less serious concern. The attack would need to occur within the range of my WIFI. While a KRACK attack is a possibility, I'm not that alarmed that someone will park outside my house to do such an attack.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
excuse my ignraonce but WHAT THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT???

guess I can now go google it,,,,,,,,,Krack Attack,,,,oh my,,,,,

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
since most sites that collect any type of PII or sensitive data is going to use HTTPS, you are safe sending data to those sites. From what I know, your home router and Internet of Thing devices such as smart TVs and stuff like that are the most at risk but as HomeBrewale stated, I dont think many hackers are sitting in a white van ouside your house. Microsoft and Apple have already or are in the process or releasing patches but those with Android phones with version 6 or higher are actually at MORE risk than those with an older android.

The equifax hack has me far more concerned.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I agree at this moment, Equifax appears much more damaging.

My question is, if on a mobile device, I always enter a password, never have it auto saved, am I still vulnerable? Does it restore that info and make it available to hackers?

I think the most susceptible places will be where everyone jumps on free wifi.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I agree at this moment, Equifax appears much more damaging.

My question is, if on a mobile device, I always enter a password, never have it auto saved, am I still vulnerable? Does it restore that info and make it available to hackers?

I think the most susceptible places will be where everyone jumps on free wifi.

I think it more depends on what site you were sending the data too. If it was secured using HTTPS I think you are okay. If it was just a HTTP site then you could be vulnerable IF someone was able to take advantage. That said, I am not an expert in this field by any means, just a guy who is generally interested in tech since I work in an IT related field so I try to keep on on some things.

Last edited:

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
NCST8GUY's pants hanging low because he forgot his belt is a serious krack attack.

My WIFI network in my home being vulnerable to a hacker is a less serious concern. The attack would need to occur within the range of my WIFI. While a KRACK attack is a possibility, I'm not that alarmed that someone will park outside my house to do such an attack.

If this is the case, I have absolutely NOTHING to worry about! I'm sitting 20 feet from my router and my wifi is struggling! And seeing as how my house sits in the middle of a 12 acre pasture, a strange vehicle parked with its nose up to my front door might seem a little suspicious!