1-2 egg whites
5 fluid oz heavy cream
1 Lb shredded Cheddar
3 jalepenos (for mild spice)
2 poblanos
whole milk as needed for consistency
32-35 mm hog sausage casing
Case of beer in a can for the operator

1. Grind twice, I use coarse first then medium plate then place in freezer for 30-60 mins to cool.
2. Toss peppers in oil and grill or roast until charred, when cool scrape out the seeds and the skins and mince the peppers.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients and place in mason jar, pour in the cream, and shake until mixed then add to the meat.
4. Mix vigorously with hands until the meat mixture is really tacky and sticking to your hands.
5. Mix in the cheese until it is well blended.
6. Put in fridge for 1-24 hours.
7. When ready to stuff them, if the meat is too dense add a little milk and re mix until tacky adding splash of milk as needed.
8. Stuff into pre-soaked hog casings, and let air dry uncovered in fridge (I lay out wax paper in my upright freezer and place them in there, not touching each other, for a few hours before vacuum sealing to prevent them from compressing too much.

This recipe will make anyone your best friend.
454b51b65ef598d9e88aa814918f854a.jpg

Last edited:

strut buster

Eight Pointer
Gonna try this. Have you done it with high temp cheese? That what I put in my smoked sausages. Or do you think plain shredded works better. Thanks.

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
I like the plain cheddar but I watch it close with a meat thermometer so when it's at 160 I pull them and let them rest. I personally like the melted cheese and it doesn't cook out unless you burst the casing.

Also judging by your name I assume you're a turkey hunter. This was originally my turkey sausage recipe that I did with skin on chicken thighs and wild turkey. It's great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

strut buster

Eight Pointer
Made this this weekend. Went with a 10lb batch. It is a very good recipe. Got raves from the whole family. This one will stay in the rotation as needed. Only adjustment I'll make is tone down the carroway slightly and maybe increase the salt a tenth of a percent. All and all very good. Thanks for turning me on to this one. As repayment, I'd be happy to share a phenomenal Cumberland sausage recipe (pure pork, haven't tried it with deer mixed in yet) I like, or send you some Rebel Butcher supply smoked sausage pre-mix from back home in MS as I get enough to make 100lbs of sausage at a time. (I go 60% deer, 40% boston butt, add correct amount of Curing salt #1 and slow smoke to 152 F).