Live from the woods 10/16

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Temp is starting to drop and it's starting to sprinkle. Let 4 doe a spike and a 5 point walk. Waiting on their daddy.20171016_124828.jpg

Attachments

• 20171016_074200.jpg
    20171016_074200.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Sitting on an oak ridge, been in since 645 with the bride. On the ground in a tent blind. 1 squirrel with a warble and 3 Toms that I'd like to see in April-May. And of course can hear the donkey across the swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmobeats

Four Pointer
I'm in for an afternoon hunt hopefully this rain will kick up some deer and maybe catch one taking an afternoon snack

JD1107

I'm in watching a bean field in pitt county. I shot a 7 pointer out of this stand one year ago today, so hopefully it's still lucky for me.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been back up a tree since 4. Nothing yet but I'm optimistic. Made my Ohio trip money this afternoon between sits in the woods. Timing belt on an Acura and major service on a Tacoma. I couldn't ask for a better day. Now if I could just get eyes on that buck.

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Up in Halifax county. Looks like a perfect day I hope the deer are on the same page

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Swamp_Donkey

Eight Pointer
Seen the most bucks on nights like this, cool, high pressure and the sun just peeking through, still as can be too. Thought about a grunt or two at dusk.

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Does not look like the deer were on the same page. Saw 2 does late and did not hear any shots around

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The whole herd decided to show up at last light, about ten after 7. My Nikon is good but, not that good. I counted 10, but all I could tell was some were bigger than others. Still was fun trying to glass them.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Still-hunted my way around an area I've been frequenting lately. Got off work around 430 and was in the woods by 5 with the 30-06. Saw 5 does and a button buck, and the button buck was the only one who offered me a shot, so I passed. Won't get to hunt for the next week or so though, next time I probably won't be as choosey lol

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
The whole herd decided to show up at last light, about ten after 7. My Nikon is good but, not that good. I counted 10, but all I could tell was some were bigger than others. Still was fun trying to glass them.

This is why I got rid of all my Nikons. Look at the Meopta Meopro scopes. I love mine and it really shines in low light conditions.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is why I got rid of all my Nikons. Look at the Meopta Meopro scopes. I love mine and it really shines in low light conditions.

I'll look into it, but I couldn't tell with the naked eye at 50 yards. Just thought the scope might let me see horns. I wouldn't have taken a shot, just wanted to know which ones were there. Time to move a camera.