Next week,cold temps

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like thecold forecast is going to be the best first weather that we been waiting for. The bus is should get to moving better, got several different ones showed up this week but most early and midday, what's you all opinions.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it will be like a switch has been thrown. sign and visuals will go off the charts.

i saw a little buck that was ready yesterday morning, his behavior was beyond bizzrae. after attempting to work a scrape he ran back and forth and around in circle for fifteen minutes. new one for me.

i guess he didnt have a doe to run so he was trying to work out some frustration. getting some cradio in before it is needed. :)

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, some unsettled weather with light rain and cold fronts pushing through is just what the doctor ordered. These last couple of weeks of stable, hot & muggy weather were terrible.

Wish I could be out today, but I have to wait until Thursday.........

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lmobeats

Four Pointer
Yeah, some unsettled weather with light rain and cold fronts pushing through is just what the doctor ordered. These last couple of weeks of stable, hot & muggy weather were terrible.

Wish I could be out today, but I have to wait until Thursday.........

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a feeling Thursday is going to be great with the new moon and Lunar activity coinciding with solar rise and set

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I got today and tomorrow off. Saw deer this morning, going this evening after rain, and tomorrow morning for sure. I got a good feeling about tomorrow morning. This weather is just what I have been hoping for.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have tomorrow off, and it looks like the best day so far this year. I will be in a stand with bow in hand somewhere.

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
ill be out the next 3 mornings... mr big already has a little color to his tarsals. Hopefully this cold will keep him on his feet an extra hour or two one of these next 3 mornings.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Think it'll get em moving but still a little early. If you got one showing up right after dark or right before light it may be the push you need. Overall though I think we're still a few weeks away at least in North central NC.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
First morning using my climber that I didn't break out in a sweat. That's gotta count for something. Now if the deer would show up.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
So far this morning (Tuesday, 48 degrees) I haven't seen a thing and haven't heard one single shot. All quiet in this part of Bladen County. :confused:

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They’re acting stupid boys. I just drove up on a certified stud in the middle of the road across from a cutover, nose in air just standing there.

I got within 20 yards of him before he walked off.

Lee county not 5 miles from us 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They’re acting stupid boys. I just drove up on a certified stud in the middle of the road across from a cutover, nose in air just standing there.

I got within 20 yards of him before he walked off.

Lee county not 5 miles from us 1

exactly what they should be doing. hope to find one equally brave today. it's going to go from nothing to a whole lot of buck movement overnight.

it'll be danegrous driving midnight this week with the new moon.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
exactly what they should be doing. hope to find one equally brave today. it's going to go from nothing to a whole lot of buck movement overnight.

it'll be danegrous driving midnight this week with the new moon.

Good luck. Some of us unlucky sobs can’t go til the weekend lol

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I can go Saturday then I can't make it out again until Nov 3rd so that means prepare yourself for the best hunting of the year during these times....[emoji34]

sent from...... Tapatalk

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
During cold fronts like this one where the lows drop 10-15 degrees in 24 hours....and take tomorrow (wednesday) for example do you think deer move more in the AM or the PM in response to the front. I've always figured AM when the low temps bottomed out at 38 deg during a cold front would be the better choice, compared to the PM hunt where the temp is still in the 60's and cooling down into the night.....but maybe not?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
During cold fronts like this one where the lows drop 10-15 degrees in 24 hours....and take tomorrow (wednesday) for example do you think deer move more in the AM or the PM in response to the front. I've always figured AM when the low temps bottomed out at 38 deg during a cold front would be the better choice, compared to the PM hunt where the temp is still in the 60's and cooling down into the night.....but maybe not?

you gotta test your theories. :)

seriously with this moon phase and cold temps you should see them at all times of day and night. i cant remember a better "jolt" of perfect weather after extended warmth this late in the season. It's all happening right now.

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
you gotta test your theories. :)

seriously with this moon phase and cold temps you should see them at all times of day and night. i cant remember a better "jolt" of perfect weather after extended warmth this late in the season. It's all happening right now.

Ha. I was just talking to my buddy about the current conditions. It's practically a deer vortex ;-) I will be in the woods PM tomorrow to see. Can't do AM until friday

Last edited:

Speed1

Eight Pointer
They were on their feet this morning. Had 8 come through hammering the white oaks. It was a great morning for sure.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They were on their feet this morning. Had 8 come through hammering the white oaks. It was a great morning for sure.

you are right.
southern alamance county was a death trap with herds everywhere crossing the road. i think coyotes must be extinct based on the fawns i saw this am. :)

by far the most visual sightings on a daylight drive into work ever.

of course my sit in the woods Tuesday evening was a different story. I am in the wrong place for sure. or have few deer.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
you are right.
southern alamance county was a death trap with herds everywhere crossing the road. i think coyotes must be extinct based on the fawns i saw this am. :)

by far the most visual sightings on a daylight drive into work ever.

of course my sit in the woods Tuesday evening was a different story. I am in the wrong place for sure. or have few deer.

I saw deer Sunday and monday evening, Monday and Tuesday morning but had absolutely nothing on my Tuesday evening sit. So I wouldn't get discouraged yet.