Found him a month later

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I found the buck i stuck on opening day of archery today, neighbor told me that his dogs had been bringing up bones for weeks. After investigating with the help of his dogs, we found him. The yotes and dogs had striped almost all the velvet off the rack(except the bases). This is my best bow buck ever. We looked hard that night and found my arrow with brownish green all the way up to the vanes. After searching until 10 pm with no blood, we called it. I checked for several days looking for buzzards and found none. Just luckily i stoped by to chat with my friend, who asked if i had been hunting much this year. I told him the story and thats he said he thought he may know where my deer was. We walked to the edge of his feild and found my deer. It's a bittersweet day but i'm glad i found him.
5aa6996b041ce2f9f164caac195dd5f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I know congratulations probably isn't what you want to hear, but getting close enough to shoot one like that(with a bow and arrow, heck, even a gun) is one hell of an accomplishment. For that, congratulations. I hate you couldn't find him before, but glad you got some closure. Awesome rack!

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I know congratulations probably isn't what you want to hear, but getting close enough to shoot one like that(with a bow and arrow, heck, even a gun) is one hell of an accomplishment. For that, congratulations. I hate you couldn't find him before, but glad you got some closure. Awesome rack!
Thank you, it's my best bow buck, and my second biggest buck ever.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Congrats... it looks 2ft wide! How wide is it? Big bodied deer? Story ? Etc..etc...etc... Lol
19 7/8 inches wide. I didd 't even run a camera this year, thought i go back to when it was fun just to hunt. I told myself i was going to shoot the first adult deer that i saw, deer came in in low light i thought it was a big body doe. Put my 10 yard pin on the spot and let it eat. Tree limbs had the hornes covered . Saw my lumnock going down through the woods. Got down went home for some help ( wife loves to track) and a good light. We looked all around where my arrow was laying and found no blood. Shaft had a brown greenish substance on it. I figured gut shot but it was so thick we couldn't crawl through it. Gave up at 10 pm that night. Looked for buzzards several times the following week and figured the deer lived. Just glad i found him.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You got to put and end to the question; "what happened?" That's more then a lot of hunters can say.

Glad you were able to find it.

Last edited:

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
That's a damn stud. Congrats. Bow huntings finest downs makes the good moments awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Dern man, you ain't even holding your arms all the way out! Glad you have a little closure on the hunt, it's definitely not the way we want it to happen.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
nice deer and I hate you lost him. Did rodents chew on it? This could just be me but the rack looks old/bleached.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
nice deer and I hate you lost him. Did rodents chew on it? This could just be me but the rack looks old/bleached.
The deer was in full velvet when i shot, i still have some velvet on the bases, and the back side of the g 2 on the right side. The coyotes and dogs ate most of the velvet off.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
The deer was in full velvet when i shot, i still have some velvet on the bases, and the back side of the g 2 on the right side. The coyotes and dogs ate most of the velvet off.

10-4. I hate it even more for you that he was in velvet.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Me too bud, if i can figure out how to do it ill post some up close pics of the bases where the velvet has dried up around them.

I took a few of the velvet, it's dried up around the base, and here is the right side g2 with whats left of it.
d1344086bfc5822ef379404aeb860193.jpg
fb12c54d84ea761c65bc58e43088937a.jpg