Range time with some different guns

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Got skunked this morning so hit the range and burn some ammo. Since some may not have experience with these thought I'd post some findings/opinions on em.
2cfc88ea9a39323cd8584877589a6906.jpg

First up is the reliable BAR stalker in 308 with a Leupold vx2. I've taken many a deer with this rifle and found that with a good ammo it likes it's fairly accurate, this one loves 150gn Federal fusion. Being a BAR it suffers from 2 main drawbacks, the trigger which is way to heavy and the pencil barrel is very prone to heating issues.

Next is a built AR10 in 6.5 creedmoor with a sightron STac 30 4-20x30mm. First thing to mention is that an AR10 build is not like a regular AR15, they are very finicky and takes trial and error to get right, for instance I'm having a gas pressure issue that causes random failures to eject but should be fixed by the adjustable gas block I have on order. Other than the finicky issues the only drawback is the weight, all the steel is heavy. The positive is that this is one of the most accurate rifles that I own, with the new federal premium trophy copper https://www.federalpremium.com/ammunition/rifle/family/trophy-copper/trophy-copper/p65crdtc1 it shoots .36 Moa. Also the sightron scope has been truly impressive, very good clarity and light trans.
d4f1fa0790e35b61275e2dbec897d87a.jpg

Next is my TC Contender super 14 in 30/30, generally I'm a scope snob but the Tc branded 2-7 that came on it is just really rock solid. Gun has a superb trigger and with Federal 125gn HPs I get just under an inch 3 shot groups, a lot of rifles struggle to get that so I'm happy.

The Wife's Tavor, it's a bullpup and has the one drawback they all do, a crappy trigger. Well not crappy but deffinately not match with a 9lb weight and really long travel to engage the sear. Accuracy wasn't bad grouped 2.5moa but most of that could be fixed with a better trigger (currently researching). Fit and feel, this gun is a dream to handle, feels great but does take some getting used to with the controls. If I can get a better trigger I may just like this one more than my beloved AR15s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikep7m10

Six Pointer
Geissele, Shooting Star and Timney make triggers for the Tavor. Geissele and Shooting Star have stellar reputations. Timney's early triggers sometimes double so people shy away from them. I have a Timney and have had no trouble but then I don't shoot this gun much because I'm mainly a pistol shooter. The new triggers from IWI are much better - about 5 to 6 pounds. You might be able to get a take-off from an X95.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=30.0

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for the link, I knew timmey and geissele made upgraded trigger packs but at $350 I figured I'd see if there was a way to adjust the stock trigger first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikep7m10

Six Pointer
Since you're already down to a 9# trigger, it sounds like you have already removed the extra trigger return spring. I haven't fired the new trigger from IWI but it is said to be a big improvement. If you can't find an X95 take-off, I think IWI sells new ones at a lot less the third party triggers. Read the trigger sticky at the top of the forum and there are several threads about the new IWI trigger.