Which pier is best right now?

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
As some may know I’ve had some pretty significant medical issues over the past year. I currently can’t walk due to surgery and bound to a wheelchair, crutches, etc. I’m losing my mind not being able to do anything and have decided I’m gonna ride to the beach to fish off a pier for a day or two. Which pier has the best fishing? I know a lot of spots on the coast/sound To fish but I can’t get to them right now. I’ve never done much pier fishing so looking for some recommendations.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
bogue inlet pier in emerald isle nc looks to be a good one rite now , get some fresh shrimp with 2 bottom rigs , looks like they are catching black puppy drum spects,spots, mullet,flounder, a little pit of every thing, a good pier long easy to get on to if handicaped.good luck

Mattbowen61990

Button Buck
Once it cools off a little more, the spot run seems almost what it use to be! Hopefully they are on the rebound. VA has had a good year for spots so far.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
The local paper says the spots are biting on the piers down here in New Hanover County. I'd recommend Carolina Beach Pier or Kure Beach Piers rather than Johnny Mercer's. I haven't seen spots off Mercer's in years. Plus they charge $8 per rod.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Most of the piers this time of year do pretty good. Expect the panfish of the sea, ie... spots, croaker, pompano, black drum, red drum and flounder... maybe a few others. Fresh shrimp or FIshbites on 2 hook bottom rigs will do you justice.

Good luck

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the replies! I’ve narrowed it down to Kure or bogue inlet pier. I’ve fished Kure as a kid but hated fighting the crowds when the fish were biting as an adult. I’ve always been able to walk the surf or sound and do decent. Hopefully next year I’ll be healed up, right now I need to get outta the house. Being stuck sitting down for 14 days so far with atleast another 3-4 weeks is bout to drive me nuts.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Most of the piers have live webcams which are a great help in making up your mind, dependent on their action.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Wheechair bound I would fish off of Jeanettes Pier. Nicest pier you have ever seen....not Rickety like others and lots of fish usually there.