Y’all ever seen???

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Planted oats and Austrian winter peas on Monday because we finally got some rain and I also got a good shower on everything yesterday. Basically top sowed everything and went over with a cultipacker. I rode around today about 2:30 and peas were barely starting to sprout I can see all my plots from the kitchen window. I looked out about 5 and there’s a yearling standing in the plot. It was eating the peas as fast as he could get to’em. It would scratch the dirt and pick out the peas. I never thought they would bother’em till they sprouted????

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have seen the deer eat oats down like a lawn mower as fast as the oats germinated. A deer will eat anything that has a green leaf if they get hungry enough.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
Planted oats and Austrian winter peas on Monday because we finally got some rain and I also got a good shower on everything yesterday. Basically top sowed everything and went over with a cultipacker. I rode around today about 2:30 and peas were barely starting to sprout I can see all my plots from the kitchen window. I looked out about 5 and there’s a yearling standing in the plot. It was eating the peas as fast as he could get to’em. It would scratch the dirt and pick out the peas. I never thought they would bother’em till they sprouted????

I had the same thing happen with a doe and winter peas in one of my plots in September. Never seen that before.