meat cubing

jscar

Four Pointer
Does anyone know of a source for good meat cubbers? I have a Hobart but it about to die

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Does anyone know of a source for good meat cubbers? I have a Hobart but it about to die
About to die as in electrical or as in the cutters are worn out? Depending on models you can rebuild the cuber parts and the electrical side can be done at an electric repair shop. This is all considering if it is one of the bigger commercial ones.

jscar

Four Pointer
the cubber the hunt club has now is from the 50's I think. We are going to replace it with a machine that will last just as long. We 5 members in the club and we do 10 to 15 deer each year, cost will not be real important. So far, thanks for all the suggestions.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I had mine I bought a used one from Hobart in Winston. I don't know if that store is still there or not.

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
I got a hand crank model from cabelas and can cube as much as I can handle in no time. run through twice and good to go.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We went from a 1950's era commercial cuber and grinder to a Cabelas commercial grade 1 HP grinder with cuber attachment about 10 years ago. We put 12-15 deer a year through it, and have been pleased.

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
A new Hobart 403 will cost close to $3K but good used ones pop up ebay to a lot less than that. A new star blade assembly will set you back between $500 and $1300 depending on whether it is Hobart or aftermarket. As with all food service equipment one thing to watch for is that when careless folks sanitize stainless steel or aluminum with bleach and don't thoroughly rinse the equipment it permanently pits and is much harder to clean and sanitize in the future.

For me at least, heavy pitting is a disqualifier when buying used equipment.... And if you buy used get the serial and model/spec number and call the maker before buying to be sure all of the parts are still available.

Lance