Question?

wmkennedy25

Four Pointer
headed toward the Atlantic Beach area this weekend! Just wondering if anyone had been recently and had a report? Looking for any info on some some decent public accessible spots to surf fish(emerald isle to AB) or maybe even in the sound.......I'm not familiar with this area but when your 11 year old son says "Daddy lets fish" you pack your stuff and go fishing. I typically fish topsail island and surf city but no rooms were available on the island this weekend. any advice or info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

surffishn

Spike
headed toward the Atlantic Beach area this weekend! Just wondering if anyone had been recently and had a report? Looking for any info on some some decent public accessible spots to surf fish(emerald isle to AB) or maybe even in the sound.......I'm not familiar with this area but when your 11 year old son says "Daddy lets fish" you pack your stuff and go fishing. I typically fish topsail island and surf city but no rooms were available on the island this weekend. any advice or info would be greatly appreciated thanks![/QUOTE

Fort Macon has both surf and sound fishing.only problem there are gates there can only access when open. But the fishing can be good there. There is a rock jetty on the ocean side. Chasing tailes is a good stop for bait as well as Freeman's tackle.Both on the causeway to AB. One on the right other on the left side. Good luck!!!

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Fort Macon is a good place to start like surffishin said. You can also walk onto the beach at the mouth of Taylor's Creek and work your way down to the rock jetty across from Fort Macon. Seen some big fish caught there by land bound fishermen in the past.

I haven't been down since July due to building a new home but we're all settled in now and planning to go down this weekend. If the boat will even crank we will be somewhere around there looking fish as well.