nice day,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
youngest grandson (3 years old) and I spent a few hours fishing today,,,,nothing major but he did catch plenty of bream and a 8 inch bass!! Monster to him!

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
That sounds like a great day! I can’t wait to take my grandson fishing and hunting.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I have no idea about grandkids but I had no clue how much I would enjoy teaching my six year old step son about hunting/fishing. It has really given me a new appreciation of hunting and fishing. I never thought I would see the day I would give up opening day of rifle season to try and catch a mess of spots. Sorry for hihjack.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have no idea about grandkids but I had no clue how much I would enjoy teaching my six year old step son about hunting/fishing. It has really given me a new appreciation of hunting and fishing. I never thought I would see the day I would give up opening day of rifle season to try and catch a mess of spots. Sorry for hihjack.

no hijack,,,,giving up a deer day to take a youngin' (whether child or grandchild) to mess around in the outdoors (fishing, small game, camping, whatever) is the right thing,,,,,deer will be there later,,,,

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
no hijack,,,,giving up a deer day to take a youngin' (whether child or grandchild) to mess around in the outdoors (fishing, small game, camping, whatever) is the right thing,,,,,deer will be there later,,,,

To be honest it is not even giving up a day. I have found myself having more fun farting around in the woods or fishing with him than I do killing myself to kill a deer. I am greatful to him for showing me that hunting/fishing can still be fun and not so serious.