Will his rack change with age?

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Only one way to find out!! But, seriously unless there is some type of injury I think he would progress better than what he is now. Will he ever be a big 130in. main frame 8, probably not imo.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
You betcha he will. We watched a jacked up 4 point with a cut up ear turn into a really nice deer a few years ago. He now wears a nice wall behind his neck as a prize for growing. 🤗

Packfan

Eight Pointer
You betcha he will. We watched a jacked up 4 point with a cut up ear grow and turn into a really nice deer a few years ago. He now wears a nice wall behind his neck as a prize for growing. 🤗

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like a 2 year old, so I'd give him a year or two either way to find out. If I was a betting man, I'd say that his left side will stay a single beam though, unless it was damaged during growth this year.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Had one similar he topped out what I believe to be 5.5 years old, last year. 1st pic In the second picture from this year he is the buck in the middle. The racks will usually get larger, but that's all relative. More mass, maybe a few inches same basic shape after 2.5 years old. Also the shape of the antlers could be genetic. I have seen the same crazy looking stuff, a huge dagger on one side and 4 points on the other show up at least 5 times on the same property over the past 20 years. Put those racks together there was no denying that.

Attachments

• MFDC5442.jpg
    MFDC5442.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 136
  • MFDC3737.jpg
    MFDC3737.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 136