Let's See Your Squirrel Guns

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I recently got a 2nd hand left hand CZ 452 Lux. I've been shooting it with iron sights a lot but decided it was more than accurate enough to wear a scope. I put on a set of Leupold ring mounts and an older Bushnell Elite 2-7x32. I'm planning to have it dialed in soon.

<>< Fish

001.jpg

22LR

Twelve Pointer
These are my favorite two. The CZ is just the trainer model and very accurate. Have some future plans with the 10/22.

Attachments

• 0320171738a.jpg
    0320171738a.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20140113_101856_207.jpg
    IMG_20140113_101856_207.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 173

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Will try to find a pic,but she's nothing special.
Marlin bull barrel 17 with a Nikon 4/12/40.

Thing is so deadly on squirrels that it's almost not even fair getting a limit in 15 minutes shooting from one spot in a good holler.

Headshots out to 100 of the wind is calm, and no crow dares enter the airspace around my property.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
when i kill the ones that want to live in an out building, it's a shotgun. same with a dog hunt. i shoot the runners.

when i hunt them sans dogs; it's a marlin 39 lever action circa 1970. i have made some incredible shots with that gun. growing up squirrels is all we had and i went after them hard.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
when i kill the ones that want to live in an out building, it's a shotgun. same with a dog hunt. i shoot the runners.

when i hunt them sans dogs; it's a marlin 39 lever action circa 1970. i have made some incredible shots with that gun. growing up squirrels is all we had and i went after them hard.

I've got my late step-dad's 1971 Golden Mountie 39a. I've been shooting that one for about 35 years. It's an old friend.

<>< Fish

Last edited:

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
My old Squirrel rifle hasn't been used lately but its a Remington model 514 in .22 short, long or long rifle..My Uncle who lives in Florida gave me that little Remington when I was 9 years old, so I have had that gun for 62 years now..He bought it for 5 bucks in a pawn shop in Hampton Virginia in 1955..It still shoots very accurately and has killed everything from Snakes to Hogs on the farm years ago..

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
02387.JPG

Last edited:

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
IMG_1913.JPGIMG_3489.jpgIMG_3490.jpgI have a semi auto stevens 22 that doesn't work anymore, it was my grandpas and it was a good squirrel gun. As was the Sears 101.100 with a 30" full choked 12ga that I gave to my brother. Now I usually take my Mossberg 500. I have a Crickett 22 that I bought for my wife but the sights are too hard to see under field conditions

Last edited:

JakeH

Four Pointer
Only .22 I've got, my Marlin Model 60. So its my squirrel gun, my plinker, and everything else.

I'll need to take some pic's and post them later... My two go to 22's are my CZ American and my 10-22 Take down. Both are great shooters but we all know the CZ is the most accurate... My 10-22 doesn't have a heavy barrel just the Hunting / Sporter style like the CZ, But the CZ is just un-real on how well it shoots...

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Have taken this squirrel hunting a couple of times in the company of Uncle Fester but never got a shot so don't know how it will do. It's a German DSM 34 Mauser training rifle which used to belong to the Hitler Youth. It does better with subsonic rounds and I finally found some so maybe I'll be able to try it out this season. Since this is the only .22 I own it has to qualify as my favorite.

DSC00975.JPGDSC00977.JPG

Last edited: