Thinking about getting a new rifle

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
While it's fun to shoot my sidelock CVA Lone Wolf on the range, it's frustrating in the stand when it rains. Looking to get an in-line that is a bit more weatherproof. I've been looking at the CVA Wolf 509 and the T/C Impact. I don't want to spend a lot. I want iron sights - scope would be a hinderance at the ranges I have available to shoot. Trying not to spend more than $225.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Can't go wrong with a T/C; I own a T/C Triumph and It's never once missed fire or let me down. I can't imagine the Impact wouldn't be just as good.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
I have a T/C otpima. Shot at 2 deer, downed 2 deer (both bucks) Gets my... :greenjump::mosh::bass: Think was closer to $300, but well worth it

adkarcher

Six Pointer
had my wolf for years. reliable. never an issue.

While it's fun to shoot my sidelock CVA Lone Wolf on the range, it's frustrating in the stand when it rains. Looking to get an in-line that is a bit more weatherproof. I've been looking at the CVA Wolf 509 and the T/C Impact. I don't want to spend a lot. I want iron sights - scope would be a hinderance at the ranges I have available to shoot. Trying not to spend more than $225.

Last edited:

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Ca wolf is a,good one,I vote oneand hit bullseyes first shot,also,get the scope mount gun that already has it on,too me days to,find other to,fit,

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Unless you find a really nice muzzle loader on clearance it will hard to beat the dollar to value of the CVA Wolf.

<>< Fish

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
Walmart in Sanford only had a Traditions Buckstalker. Fayetteville Walmarts don't appear to carry guns. Need to check Erwin.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Get the TC Impact it's better quality than the Wolf. Midway has them for $249 and there's a $25 rebate available. I've owned several ML's over the years and this one shot my first 1" 100 yard group.

Scalf

Eight Pointer
Cva wolf is the tits lol. I love how compact and lightweight it is. The price was nice too! I bought it when I worked at Walmart a few years ago, so I got the employee discount as well

JakeH

Four Pointer
I've got every intention to buy an Impact after the first of the year. Probably put a 2-7 Zeiss Terra on it.