Float hunting creeks

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I'm trying to get out for the final evening of this duck season, and I was planning on just floating a creek and jump shooting. Does anyone know if there's a certain distance you have to be from anything to be able to shoot? All these creeks I'm looking at have areas away from homes and such, but most of the boat launches are pretty close to town.

Huntandfish

Button Buck
Depends on the county. Look up the information for the specific county you are in and go from there. That being said be prepared for the animal lovers to go apesh!t insane if they see you killing those poor ducks

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Depends on the county. Look up the information for the specific county you are in and go from there. That being said be prepared for the animal lovers to go apesh!t insane if they see you killing those poor ducks

Do you know how to find that information? I tried googling the info and couldn't find any information pertaining to that

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Civilization is creeping in on the water fronts. Good thing is to check Google earth and see if any homes are close to the water. Don't want to be banging and Fido come running.